Wanting to Move to Gafsa Tunisia

Hi all... I am new to the forum and have a few questions about a move that I recently have started planning to Gafsa Tunisia. I know that is difficult right now with all that I have to do so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am an Afican American female and wondering if I would be accepted by the people in Tunisia... I have heard that there are wonderful people in Tunisia and I at the moment are engaged to a wonderful Tunisian Man. His family likes me and I have met several of his friends also along with a couple cousins. But would life be hard for me there with being a female and being African American. I am a very outgoing person and would welcome anyone who could maybe chat with me about my questions... I don't want to write a book so I will stop now, but I do have many more questions. Thank you for your time and any help you can offer.

send me an inbox message with all the questions you have.
it will be a pleasure to answer them.

all the best
Hellen

Thank you so Much Hellan.... I will do that.....

pls  enviame las preguntas  de hecho mi futuro esposo es de gafsa origen  y alli su familia, la he visitado y son personas de una humilda y respeto poco  encontradas por estos dias

saludos

Hello samicarles,

Can you please post in English in this Anglophone forum so that other members can understand and eventually participate. If you want to post in Spanish, you can use the Hispanophone version of the site.

Thanks for your kind comprehension.

Regards

Hi there,

I too am considering moving to Gafsa :) I thought I was the only one!

Gafsa is the most wonderful place ever. I am mixed race (mum is from the west indies) and from London and have never had any problems there.

The people are so welcoming and kind.

When are you planning to move? My other half lives in Gafsa and I am seriously considering just moving there would be cheaper than all the plane tickets lol

Let us know how you get on

xx

Hi and welcome on board ashphil :)

Thanks for your input ;)

Armand

i am in Nairobi from one month ago

So two wanting to move to Gafsa.........have either of you visited?.....there is racial discrimination here but there is quite a large population of mixed race and sudanexe, libyan in Gafsa so it is quite normal there.

perhaps if you both sen me email I can answer in depth

People in Gafsa have south culture.
Life is easier there for Africans than in big towns. I have experience there with colleagues from sub-saharan Africa (Students). it was grate . The only issue is that not a lot of people speak English there. Hope you all the best.
Brahim