New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2017

Lot of user unfriendly websites here. Looking for Chiangmai classifieds pertains to my area then find most adds nowhere near here. STUNNINGLY DISSAPOINTED

I sympathise with you.

Yeah, it's too bad they don't have the yellow pages in Chiang Mai. But that's not the Thai way. Everything seems to be a matter of who knows who for whatever. I have an old style neighborhood shop in my neighborhood where the owner speaks very good English. Whenever I need something I always start with here. She even deliveries beer to my house.
Keep plugging away for your resources.

I'm not sure what you are specifically complaining about, TLF, but welcome!

Hi everyone,  newbee to post.  The school year for my grandkids is almost over.  I will be coming to Asia to start a online business.  Not sure as yet where I will set up shop, or if I will move around during summer months.  I have visited Bangkok thrice before for a few days each time.  So somewhat familiar with culture and of course heat and traffic.  Going to play it by ear.  Any suggestions on a game plan I could try , let me know know.  I enjoy my workouts at gym, good food, and socializing over drinks.  That's about it.

A time will come in which you will want to raise your voice over some indignation, possibly western in concept. Doing so is very counterproductive in Thailand.    Just a thought.

Hi folks. Have visited TL many times, witnessing changes both in TL and comparing to the U.K - where I'm from. I tend to spend quite a lot of time in Lamai on Koh Samui. This is my intro.  :cool:

Hi all,

My name is Derald and I am working in Bangkok area. I studied in Thailand for 4 years, then back to Indonesia to work. and now I am back here again in Thailand working.
I was a C#,PHP ,SQL, and VB programmer for 3 years, using Visual studio, SQL Server 2008 & 2012 and VPN to support my job.
Currently I am working as project coordinator and I am looking for an opportunity to work as a project manager to enhance my skills.

Thank you.

Bapak Derald

You disengaged private message ya

derald wrote:

Hi all,

My name is Derald and I am working in Bangkok area. I studied in Thailand for 4 years, then back to Indonesia to work. and now I am back here again in Thailand working.
I was a C#,PHP ,SQL, and VB programmer for 3 years, using Visual studio, SQL Server 2008 & 2012 and VPN to support my job.
Currently I am working as project coordinator and I am looking for an opportunity to work as a project manager to enhance my skills.

Thank you.

Welcome, Derald!

Hello everyone. I've been in Thailand for half my life.  I love upcountry Thailand, plenty of space and fresh air. I'm married with 3 kids who are now grown up. Thailand's a wonderful country except for the driving. Take care though and you should be alright!

Driving in Thailand is no laws

Motorcycles can go against traffic, go on footpath, park anywhere they like, no tail light or head light, turning without signal light, many people can sit on A motorcycle.

Cars turn without giving notice like signal light or at the last minute, road hog, talking on phone with 1 hand and driving, don't use the rear view mirror, park as they wish even the car is slant or in handicap parking lot, no need seat belt and babies can sit on driver's lap while driving etc

No driving licence can ride a motorcycle or drive a car. No insurance coverage is possible for the vehicle on the road.

Hi

Im James, Im retiring in July and making plans to live in Ko Samui in 2018. Im a currently trying my best to learn as much of the language as possible in that time. My main concern is driving in Thailand otherwise Im sure it will be fantastic and I cant wait.

Jim_P wrote:

Hi

Im James, Im retiring in July and making plans to live in Ko Samui in 2018. Im a currently trying my best to learn as much of the language as possible in that time. My main concern is driving in Thailand otherwise Im sure it will be fantastic and I cant wait.

Driving isn't really all that hard, if you understand that you have to watch out for yourself.  People come here after a lifetime of driving on autopilot with little thought of the unexpected.  Here you need to stop making assumptions as to what others will do and drive with greater awareness of your surroundings and your own actions.  That means keeping your distance, being more cautious and controlling your emotions.

Learning the language is very important in my opinion.

Hi James - having lived on Samui for two winters I can tell you - look out for the cement trucks, the safari pickups and go slow.  Enjoy your retirement and Samui life.  Yogi

I am looking for a Information Technology job opportunities in Bangkok, Thailand, currently and I am living in the Philippines and employed at Multinational company here, if anyone who could help me to find or recommend me a job as an IT Desktop Support Technician, I really appreciate it as I really wanted to meet people in Thailand country. Many thanks!

Thank you Villagefarang and Yogitas. Out of curiosity what part of the Island are you on Yogitas ? My current plan is to go to the Lamai area first.

Yogi here - hello ya all.  Well - have never participated in a forum but since  I'm over 65 - I figure hey - better do it before I'm dead.  So my wife Bear and I will be living in Nakhon Si Thammarat province - half the year November through May then return USA Colorado for the mountain summer months.  We have worked with the indigenous hill tribe villages with medical mission teams bringing optical/dental/otic/pharmacology and medical to outreach areas.

We support the Elephant Nature Park (Elephantnaturepark.org) and encourage your overnight visit and participation. 

Bear and I have lived and studied Thai massage/Instructor ratings in Chiang Mai - traveled the Chiang Mai - Pai - Chiang Rai loop by motorcycle.  We lived two winter in Koh Samui before going coastal to Nakhon Si Thammarat.  We specialize in health, have Yoga/Meditation Instructor ratings, and pursue quality healthy living through Air, Food, Sunshine, Water, Diet, Exercise, Nutrition, Rest, and staying away from toxic people, toxic situations, toxic relationships and toxic environments. 

Perhaps some of us may meet someday.  In the meantime, make the rest of your life the best of your life.  Yogi & Bear

Hi! Im just finishing up university and thought id join in the expat forum fun, as I hope to be working here in TH soon :)

Hi, 

Did you receive any replies to your inquiry about desktop positions?

Hi all,

Im new here in this forum.
Currently staying in Singapore, but born in East Malaysia (Sarawak).
Been here in Singapore since I was young and now working and married, but still visit my family back in Sarawak once a while. Soon I will be back in the land of nature! Chiang Mai..

Glad to find this forum!

Regards.

We want to open a Thai company for the sale of goods from Thailand and we need a Thai girl to work in . Maybe You can someone advise?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=679389

Thanks!

Closed