Work life in Nairobi

Hiiiii everyone, this is moin from India.
I have been offered from a company a job the following are the details.........
Marketing Profile
3 months Probation Period with tourist VISA
after 3 months proper work permit VISA
so some one please guide me whether i should join the company or not if yes then please tell me the work environment of nairobi..
I am waiting for the reply..... Please help me......

Welcome on the forum moin.azmeri ;)

I hope that other forumers will be able to advise soon!

Best of luck
Regards

moin.azmeri wrote:

Hiiiii everyone, this is moin from India.
I have been offered from a company a job the following are the details.........
Marketing Profile
3 months Probation Period with tourist VISA
after 3 months proper work permit VISA
so some one please guide me whether i should join the company or not if yes then please tell me the work environment of nairobi..
I am waiting for the reply..... Please help me......

No.
Asolutely not.
If you work on a tourist visa you will be in serious trouble if you are caught.

They can sort out a 3 month working visa.

THEN get you a longer term one.

It sounds shady.

tourist visa your not allowed to work.
as for a work permit unless you have specific capabilities that a normal kenyan has I highly doubt that the Dept of Immigration will issue your company with a work visa for a marketing manager.
Please also note that the Dep of Imm is under investigation by Kenya Anti Corruption and all suspect work permits are being investigated.
I urge you to extend the utmost caution.

NO PROBLEM. Tourist visa during probation and wrok permit after that is the norm for expats in Kenya.

It's a fact that you aren't allowed to work without a permit. But a work permit costs good money! up to 200,000 Kenyan shillings, even higher at times. So while your employer is checking whether you are suitable for him during probation, it deosn't make sense to spend so much on a permit.

if the offer is good, take it up. Just be careful with traffic cops for the first 3 months. Don't let them know that u are working! it's possible!

All the best

please note that as per policies with the immigration department it is ILLEGAL to work with a tourist visa in this country unless special exemption has been granted by the Ministry itself.
Further getting a work permit is not a walk in the park.
You will definitely spend more than 200k on the procedure!!

thank you buddies for yours suggestions...MOIN

The working environment in Nairobi is nice