Real estate market in Kuwait

What do you think about real estate market in Kuwait. Many are saying the market is deteriorating and rent should go down. There is oversupply in of the units to the markets. Do  you really experiencing decrease in rent ???

the rent are less than it used to be one year ago.
there is a misconception about the real estate market. people are mixing between transaction value and rent rates.
the transactions dropped significantly, but the occupancy rate is above 90% in all over Kuwait according to a field survey sponsored by KFAS (Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Science).
as long as the occupancy rate is high, there is a slight chance of rent drop.

Changes to expat rules, i.e. salary limits for certain visas, proposed higher charges for utlilities, reducing menial worker numbers will add up to fewer expat workers to rent the continuingly expanding source of flats available.

The Law of Supply and Demand will come into force and prices will drop if these things continue.

New proposals to allow foreigners to buy and own apartments will provide an uptick in luxury prices but a downward pressure in mid- to lower priced rental proprieties..

the real estate market of kuwait is a closed market , and the Traders in the market have a high financial solvency , there are many old building you see in the investment zone such as Salmyiah, hawali , kuwait city .. Etc , Whay ? Because they have more enough money , Therefore, the rental rates can be increased and not be going down at all , Especially after the water and electricity charges increased

You might have noticed, in yesterday's  news, that some "investment owners" are dropping their initial rents.

This will continue as long as unbridled construction of "investment" apartment buildings persists in the current economic and political climate.

Check who's the reporter of such news? is it an expat suffering from high rental costs? and trying to put pressure on landlords?
the last time the government sold investment lands to the private sector was on 1979.
I have read news "Al RAi" that there are 100,000 empty apartments and I cant see those apartments!
you have to practice real estate in Kuwait to understand how this sector is unorganized and the development cycle is very long. if you are a developer you can wait a minimum for three months to get a building permit, and if your building is finished and ready for occupancy you have to wait another three months to get the power supply.
please note that the points i refer to earlier are the tip of iceberg