Compounds

Dear All

i am considering a job offer in Kuwait and read most of the recent topics which - i must say- gives good feel with regard to what to expect in Kuwait ; one thing i couldn't find which is the availability of compounds or residential communities where common facilities are available for residents ; i believe this is the best way for new comers on family level to meet families and get a way to socialize.

thanks for all the replies in advance

Mo

there are compounds available; i was at the opening of one in mahboula area, i blogged about it as i cannot remember the name atm, they brought over nitin mirani from UAE for the grand opening.

compounds are usually owned by listed real estate companies, so my advice to u, if ur serious about moving here, is check out the listed companies in the real estate sector of the kuwait stock exchange, www.kse.com.kw and search their respective websites for compound projects in kuwait. i think that one was commercial real estate company, or it also goes by tijari real estate.

bear in mind compounds come with big $$$, there is also one on the fourth ring road right next to champions gym in jabriya - not sure of its name, and also pearl al qadisiya, in hawally near qadisiya sports stadium.

Hi jo-mo,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Feel free to read the articles Find the best location to live in Kuwait, this might be helpful. Thank you! :)

Regards

David.

Expat-blog team.

Thanks David

Thanks Legacy

i will check them out ; i was also looking for the local tips :)
i am living in a high-raise in Abu Dhabi and it comes with massive facilities for all age groups which made it very easy for my family to meet with new ppl ; and hence life becomes much easier , and i thought i should be looking for the same once in Kuwait ; the advantage is i will be ahead of them by around 3-5 months and that should give me the time needed for finding a place , schools ...etc .

i have never been to Kuwait before and not sure what to expect ; but we are used to live in GCC in general ( Qatar and UAE).

again thanks and appreciate any tips or info you may find useful

Mo

Well, don't get your hopes up as Kuwait doesn't compare to UAE or Qatar. There aren't any "compounds" like in Qatar here and Kuwait is stagnant right now unlike other GCC countries who are growing. Cost of living is high and rules change every day so you don't know what to expect when you deal with ministries. Unless you are going to make a whole lot more money in Kuwait it might be better to stay in UAE.

Thanks for the tip 411 , i am afraid its too late to change my mind :) i will keep optimistic about it ; i have lived in Qatar when it was called the most dull place on earth and i liked everything about it then ; i liked the dullness but i called relaxed environment ; for me as long as the country is family friendly , safe , good schools , good health care and sure with a nice friendly community to live at and my family can enjoy their time when i am busy working :) so if that's there then we can make it :)

Mo