Rental closer to Sabhan (Subhan) Industrial area.

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum, I found everybody's comments and input here very helpful :). It is great to see everybody helping out each other.

I'm looking forward to moving to Kuwait by Mid July and would be working in Sabhan industrial area. I prefer to stay closer to work maybe around 10 - 15min drive (during peak hours) can somebody please suggest good area to live close by.

I'm looking at either 2 or 3 bedroom place in nice (quite) decent area willing to spend upto 350-375KD per month.....hoping to find a place where electricity & water is included if I pay this much! Is it too much to ask for? I intend to buy bedroom and lounge furniture so hoping the kitchen comes with whitewares.

Please let me know if I'm having high hopes :)

I don't really know what to expect.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Thanks
C

Dear C,

Or Jasmine, works both ways :)

utlities are usually included in the rental agreement, and are borne by the owner of the building. at most, lets say you can apportion 20KD a month and that is if u keep all the lights and AC on ALL THE TIME. utlities are very cheap here as u can see.

as for rent in Sabhan area, from what i hear its an industrial area, so ur best bet would be neighboring areas. and getting to places is dependent on traffic and your driving skills. suffice to say the farout places are easily reachable coz the roads that lead there are express ways where the speed limit is usually 120kmph (meaning you can go @ 130 without getting caught by the radar).

that price range you mentioned is good, you would land something very decent for it.

err, whitewares? :S explain this "foreign concept" please :P
best suggestion is to stay at a hotel at first, check the local listings for rent availabilities, view em, like em, rent em. coz those things aint advertised online much. and the ones advertised online are expensive due to brokers fees etc.

Welcome on board Jasmine.
I recommend you to live in Al-Zahra area or Al-shuhada area or Alsiddeeq area or Al-Salam Area. These areas are good and clean and near to Subhan area.

Thank you Moo and Legacy for your quick reply :)

Legacy whiteware aka Fridge, microwave, dishwasher, stove top & oven etc.

hello and welcome on board,

i would like to let you know some more places,qurtoba ,al qusor,mobarak al kabeer.the last two are on the south east of subhan.

the thing is these are houses,not flats.these areas are quite and look empty which scares me when some punks are driving.

for flats i would say area4 and 6 of farwaniya governorate is close,but i doubt you will like it.and the good thing to choose farwaniya is that there is also a gym and spa in crown plaza in case you may be looking for one.

you can only go to subhan using  7th ring road,airport road or the newly made road (qurain area).
so if you want the fastest way to get there, you the the following options.

airport road - khitan - farwaniya - yarmok - qurtuba.
7th road - Mubarak el kabeer - Jaber al Ali
Qurain road - Qurain - Al Addan.

the rates vary on these areas, some are civil areas , some are mixed. but in most cases, apt will have elec and utility within free of charge.

its hard to get an apt through the net. u might have to drive around or use the news ads to find one. (better once are printed in arabic though)

good luck.

Appreciate everybody's response, it is great help!

Hi, me again how are following areas?

Mahboula
Egaila
Salwa

Are these suburbs closer to Subhan?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
C

Non of these area is near to Subhan.

Hi,
Sabhan is an industrial area and the routes to this place is not crowded anytime.Farwaniyah and Khaitan are near to this place.This area is mostly occupied by expats.Will find only residential flats.If u need to stay in villa,then u have to look for Kuwaiti areas.If u can manage to get a license and a car at the earliest,most of the places are in just 15-30 min drive.I am also working in Sabhan.and I stay in Farwaniyah.
The rent you said above is quite good one.You can find very decent furnished accomodation with that.
Regards

Hi Jasmine,

I agree with "smartcochi" answer, me also working in Sabhan Industrial Area in living n Farwaniya ...... This is the best answer to your question......

salwa is the best
and it is only 15 min from 6th ring road to sabhan , i live in salwa and i was working in sabhan

Thanks!

farwaniya and khaitan are not really suggestible for a SWF.

uv got a car, u can drive, all roads lead to Rome. live someplace comfortable and drive longer, rather than living someplace horrid and driving short distances.

traffic in kuwait, like most other countries, moves. so, salwa is a great place to be, which is right next to the 5th ring road, and the 30, which u can take and get off an exit to the 7th ring road, and head over to sabhan.