The holiday season in Pakistan

Hello everyone,

Are you about to celebrate the holiday season in Pakistan? In many countries and cultures, the festive season is the time for happiness and reunions/gatherings. Is it so in Pakistan? How do Pakistanis celebrate this very special time of the year?

What about you? Will you spend the holiday season in your host country or in your home country? Will there be expat reunions/celebrations/parties in your region/town/area?

Thank you in advance for sharing!

Priscilla

The season of  travelling to most of Pakistan, including Sind, Punjab, Baluchistan and the southern parts of NWFP, the winter season between November and April is the best. For the colder northern parts of NWFP and Azad Kashmir, the summer months from May till October are better since they get snowbound in winter. If you travel to Pakistan during Ramadan, the religious month of fasting, which usually occurs in January or December,

The climate and temperatures vary in different regions of Pakistan, but it is mainly hot and dry in summers except in the northern mountain regions. In the plains, summer day temperatures can go up to 49°C with hot winds called “loo” scorching the landscape.

The coastal areas get some respite due to the sea breeze. The monsoon winds between July and September bring some relief to the southern part of the Himalayas and the subcutaneous slopes, with an average of 750 to 900mm being shed in the area. Winters are again severe, with minimum temperatures plunging down to 4°C in the plains. Islamabad and Peshawar experience frequent morning frost, while the northern mountains are perennially snow covered. Parts of the Northwest Frontier and the Indus Basin also get moderate winter rains. On the average however, the country is short on water and the landscape is arid.
I love to spend my Holidays in my country only because we have all seasons.