Do and don't in Pakistan

Are you living in Pakistan? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in Pakistan?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in Pakistan?

Thanks!

dont try to drink in public and ladies should care about their dressing while going out. thats all.

1) Dont carry expensive mobile or jewelry while passing through lower area of the city where crimes are higher.

2) Dont be topless for man in the city, and for a women dont be topless anywhere at all outdoors.

3) Dong give lift to strangers.

4) When driving out side the city if an egg splashes on ur windscreen dont try to wash it with water sprinkler nor try to use the wiper, it will blind the screen and u have to stop the car. then the robbers move in. Keep driving till u reach populated area.

to avoid being stare by every one ladies and gents should wear formal pakistani dress ladies should wear vail to avoid staring

That was a great tip Joop

why should a women have to wear a vail to stop men staring at her.
When i was there the first time i was on roof off the house enjoying the sun and was stared at by men from 2 roofs away, i ignored them but they still stared...so after 10 mins i gave them a wave ....they left. :lol:

haggishunter wrote:

why should a women have to wear a vail to stop men staring at her.
When i was there the first time i was on roof off the house enjoying the sun and was stared at by men from 2 roofs away, i ignored them but they still stared...so after 10 mins i gave them a wave ....they left. :lol:

rofl!!!:lol:

Mind you when i told my they fiance he was not too happy with me. said i should have came indoors :rolleyes:

obviously

Hanash
When i go back there and i get stared at again, i will wave at them again.
I wear the salwar when im over, and cover my hair when going out. But i WON'T cover my face to stop men staring, they have no right to stare at me and make me feel uncomfertable.
Unless i'm in a country where there is a law that i cover up me face.

well... i dont know much about hasilpur(i think this is the place where you would be staying) but if you are in any big city, you can wear whatever you feel like, dress modestly is the key... and you already know how to deal with stupids...

I stayed in Daska

Daska? hahahaha, so it was obvious to have that kinda situation Haggis.
Well, i think this is the beauty of Pakistan. People stare at women specially foreigners. Sometimes they think the foreigners are the aliens from Mars. Hehehehehehheehehehehhe. Anyhow, Haggis, no worries dear. It happens and get used to it. Hanash, you are right dear, big cities like Islamabad, Lahore Karachi are the best for this kind of situation. Women can move easily. Women can wear anything but should be properly covered.

I would still wave at anyone staring at me ,,,,,lahore karachie i dont care. even if i came from mars :thanks:

@ Haggis      :D

u never want to wave at men over there
they just take it wrong  :|