Is it dangerous to live in Pakistan for foreigner people

I'm asking myself if it's dangerous for a family to move to Pakistan. What are the risks and what are the cautions to take.

Lamino, Assalamo alakum,

Safety and security is a big question mark in Pakistan both for Pakistani and Non Pakistanis.

It all depends who you are, why you are working in Pakistan, are you a european or you have a darker skin, are you a tourist or a person working for an NGO or a charity organisation. Are you working for CIA with a mission to kill some body :dumbom:

Are you a diplomat? Will you be living at a hotel? will you be filming people or places? will you be living in the large cities like Karachi Lahore Islamabad or you would be travelling to the northern and remote areas also? Are you a female married to a Pakistani professional or a businessman?

The list goes on and on. There is no place in the world which is safe. I have my self witnessed more than a dozen times in ENGLAND and FRANCE that innocent people were looted, stabbed, killed because they had slightly darker skin or belonged to a different religion!

I personally feel safer while walking on the streets in Karachi in comparision to most of western european cities

I request you write clearly and specifically who you are, what will be the purpose of your stay in Pakistan. I suggest we keep every thing on the thread so that others in similar situation could also benefit from the information, however if there is something you want to discuss in confidentiality , you are of course  welcomed to send me an email I I will try to offer you an accurate reply.

pakistan is a safe country , don't worry

maqsood yaqoob wrote:

pakistan is a safe country , don't worry

Could you please tell us why you think Pakistan is safe ?? It is easy just to say so but you need to qualify that statement with information.
Any information will help the OP make an informed decision about coming to Pakistan.

Pakistan is not safe as per western safety standards, but the situation is not that bad as shown in mainstream media, for a foreigner specially set of precautions required, you cannot eliminate bad guys, as even here i have to be careful in Moscow while roaming alone after sunset, but i am comfortable even at early mornings in Lahore or Rawalpindi so a generalised statement is not going to set any standard

laminouchka wrote:

I'm asking myself if it's dangerous for a family to move to Pakistan. What are the risks and what are the cautions to take.

well respected ones pakistan is the safe place for any one just u need some adivce to live here basicly some areas are not safe even for pakistan but 90% of pakistan is safe and u can move any where u want

i agree with  u brother

Dear brother. Pakistan is not a save country. i dont know why ppl think of moving to pakistan. When we ppl move out of our homes. We are even not sure we will come back safetly or not. Here life is tough, specially for ppl like you which have came from foreign. Besides safety, there are other hundred problems too. ppl are nice here but stil stay there where you are safe and free :-) Hope my advice will help you out.