Looking for information..Wishing there was more Expat interaction :)

:(

Hi and welcome to the forum HumBhoolay!

I hope other members will be able to give you some useful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

I just dont get it.....Noone has anythiing to say at all!?!?!?! I thought people would be more helpful :'(

A little more patience HumBhoolay ...

You should give other members the time to read your post!

Regards
Armand

hi,

People in Pakistan are modern and at the same time religious.

Spend some tiome on net and google things.

Cover you whole body if your fiance's family is orthodox if you wear Pakistani traditional clother (Salwar Kameez) they might like it.

greet them in muslim traditional way

as-Salâm Alaikum (“God's Peace be upon you”)

wa-laikum as-Salâm (“And God's Peace be upon you”) (always respond with this if someone greets you with Salâm Alaikum)

Whenever one speaks with the intention of doing something or having something happening, one always appends it with the saying inshâ' Llâh, “if it please Allâh” or “God willing.” So, for example, “Hopefully we will meet again, inshâ' Llâh.” “I am going to London tomorrow, inshâ' Llâh.”

When one feels admiration for a person or thing: Ma sha' Llâh, “it is as Allâh has pleased.”

--------

When one speaks with gratitude over some positive happening, one might add, al .Hamdu li 'Llâh, “Praise be to God” (similar to the Hebrew Alleluia), or Allâh hu Akbar (“God is Superlatively Great.”) These sacred phrases can also be used when saying farewell to anyone.

--------

When receiving a gift from another or receiving any good, one thanks the bestower of the gift with the phrase:

Jazâ-ka-Llâh (“May God reward thee”) or Jazâ-ka-Llâh u khairâ (“May God give you good reward”).

--------

Subhâna-Llâh (“Glory to God”) is used when one has to express contrition over one's imperfections or errors. This phrase is also used when one sees another person making a mistake.

Yar.hamu-ka-Llâh (“May God have mercy on you”) is a prayer for someone in distress.

--------

Innâ li-Llâhi wa innâ ilai-hi râji'un (“Surely we are God's and to Him we shall return”) is said whenever one is informed of the death of a person or anyone's major loss.

if you google some more about muslim culture you will get a lot of links. But to my advice just give them some time as its a total shock for your in laws as they might be thinking and planning something else through out you fiance's life if they have agreed that means they are open minded and educated people. Be open to adapt and learn.

one more suggestion find some pakistani people on facebook and ask them about culture they will be able to assist you better. in any case i will inbox you some of my pakistani friends so you can add them on face book.

All the best. be yourself dont try to do things just to impress them. be open to them and say you are ready to adapt just they should give you some time i am sure they will.

Any luck HumBhoolay?  I am temporarily in Islamabad and am wondering if anyone knows of any thing going on.

Thanks!

Hi Humbolay

This is sajjad from Malaysia, a new member of the forum, I lives in Malaysia but i am a "Karachi Boy" by birth, spend my childhood their,, very often i visit Karachi, Now my visit is due on in the 3rd of July,, just keep in touch,, lets see if  we can meet over their,,, Take care ,, Cheers