Visa Questions. I know this is a bit redundant, but....

As the title states. I am moving to Cambodia on 2016/18/10. I have been diligently looking up Cambodian (E) AKA Business Visa requirements. I am near Washington, DC, so the Embassy is close by on 16th street.

My Question.... Do you have to first start with a 30day E Visa, or can you go ahead and request and 6 Month multiple entry Visa? The 12 month is an option, but I need to look at my finances. I have a lump sum saved up to transition, but I am uncertain of the Visa process. I'd like to get it done at the DC Embassy to avoid crazy bribes.

Hi, I am not sure about getting an entry business visa that's longer than one month at the consulate (if that's an option: cool!). Usually the easiest thing here is to come in with a one month business visa (either get it at the consulate/embassy or on arrival) and then to visit a travel agency (some guesthouses also offer the service) where you can extend it for 1, 3, 6, or 12 months.  It's pretty painless.  You don't need any "special" documents other than your passport.  I have no idea if you HAVE to start with a one month - maybe ask the consulate?

Good luck :-)

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
VOA application forms
By sirion
Cambodian Visa's - Essential Information
By rarky
Moving with a family
By SugarBee22
Obtaining police certificate?
By yabnasful
Euniece aguilar
Hello everyone
By Euniece aguilar
Business visa extention
By Ram28

Expatriate health insurance in Phnom Penh

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Phnom Penh

Moving to Phnom Penh

Find tips from professionals about moving to Phnom Penh

Travel insurance in Phnom Penh

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Phnom Penh

Flights to Phnom Penh

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Phnom Penh