Advice please......!!

Just read multiple threads here and elsewhere.
In brief I will be landing at PP later in year for first time. Very experienced traveller but never been in Cambodia before.

I want an ordinary Visa. Are landing cards issued on the Aircraft with clear distinctive boxes for you to tick or is it all done at the Immigration Counters ??

Thanks.......

Hey

Normally the will hand them out on the plane before landing. Or you can fill it out at the airport.
You choose the appropriate visa on the form: Tourist, business, etc.. Pay and you are on your way. Really a no-brainer :-)

All the info:

cambodia-airports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=20&lang=en

Yes but MAKE surevyou dont pay until you look at your visa in your Passport to BE SURE you have correct visa .....AND MAKE SURE YOU INDICATE ON  AIRPLANE  PAPER  YOU WANT TO STAY 6months (whether you do or not ) to insure they know you are not given a tourist visa ( THE VISA MUST  ON THE LEFT   START  WITH AN. O folowed by a bunch of #s Also take a picture of airplane document to verify you chose ordinary visa , just in case ! You need two photos , if not they just chg u a couple of dollars

Hi,
On the website they say they say in the visa requirements, 4. Supporting documents for Business & Official Visas
To be honest I don't have official visas on my new passport. What happens if you don't fulfill this requirement? Would they refuse my application?
Plus, they say, Entry into the Kingdom may be refused to visitors without sufficient funds for their stay and/or a return ticket.
What does that mean? Do you have to show them bank statements or something? 

Regards,
Bashar

Hey

Code:

On the website they say they say in the visa requirements, 4. Supporting documents for Business & Official Visas
To be honest I don't have official visas on my new passport. What happens if you don't fulfill this requirement? Would they refuse my application?

Don't really understand your question.. A visa is what you can get on arrival in Cambodia. if you want to apply for a Business or Official Visa you need to have the necessary documents with you.If you are you coming to Cambodia as a tourist this does not apply to you.

Code:

Plus, they say, Entry into the Kingdom may be refused to visitors without sufficient funds for their stay and/or a return ticket.
What does that mean? Do you have to show them bank statements or something?

They hardly check/ask this. To be completely blunt: the risk depends on what country you are from. If you are from Europe, US, Australia,.. no prob. If you are from say Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq,..well.. I know this sounds rude but that is how it apparently goes If you believe the people from aforementioned countries.

Cheers.

Thanks for the clarification! How do you know that those nationality could face difficulties?

Basharo... It's the opposite.
According to the immigration law, all nationalities should give a proof of employment to get the so cald "business visa" or "ordinary visa". But for some rich countries (USA, most of European countries, etc...) this proof is never asked but still officially required.
If you are ftom Africa gor exemple, don't even try to get a visa without ALL the needed documents.

Hi Bashar and all-I changed my tourist visa to a business visa at the Poipet border before I even began looking for work. I asked the man to change it and he just said OK. I went to pay and noticed it was a couple of dollars extra. I asked why and he smiled “Oh, for document” -which of course meant his pocket. I gave him my lease and a receipt from an English school that I was paying for some kids to attend. Even though they had nothing to do with employment I brought them in case I needed to show something tying me to the country. Without looking at them he grunted and waved me on. I paid for a year-long visa, minus the “document fee.” No worries unless you are from -sorry to say Helio & dosolto are right- a war torn or another 3rd world country; there are very few issues a couple of bucks can't fix. Wimbleton's right on as well. I applied for and paid for a business visa at the Siem Reap airport. I had filled out the airplane form as well. I was issued a tourist visa. I said it should be a business visa and they said it couldn't be changed. The extra $5 was not refunded. ALWAYS CHECK EVERYTHING! In Kep (Cambodia) I paid for a multiple entry visa to Vietnam as I was flying to China, leaving and returning via Saigon. I didn't think to check; I'd been in and out of Vietnam many times and having moved around so much by then I was running on auto-pilot. Idiot! I wasn't allowed to leave the Shanghai airport because it was a single entry visa. I had to stay there and get an emergency visa to re-enter Vietnam, which costs a lot more, not to mention the charge for changing my plane ticket. As for your other question… I think people from some countries have a difficult time because they are assumed to be less affluent and unqualified to earn a high wage, thereby only making money at the local poverty level without any disposable income. Finances typically trump safety concerns.   Cambodia -as long as you can pay, you can stay!

Lol YES  ESPECIALLY when you are arriving CLOSE to a holiday here in Cambodia  a little more CARE IS NEEDED TO INSURE  you get the correct visa ( the best way is use your phone to take photo showing you # 1 HAVE SELECTED THE  ORDINARY VISA, because when you hand it in you have no PROOF  that you chose Ordinary Visa ,so photo proves YOU DID ! #2.  DONT PAY UNTILE YOU ARE GIVEN YOUR PASSPORT AND YOU HAVE  VERIFIED THAT YOU GOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR AND CAN SHOW THE PROOF ........you will be quite pleased to be CAREFUL FOR A FEW MINUTES , TO  INSURE SAVINGS OF ANOTHER TRIP OUT AND BACK INTO COUNTRY TO get it right !!      also try and remember. A couple of pictures ( pasport size) however if you dont they charge a couple of dollars , so no problem

Hey give it to you on the plane but there are counters where you can fill out a form at the airport, need 25.00 American cash. For one month visa. There is a bank machine there but you never know if it will work. Make sure you have at least one passport picture. Good luck, I have been in and out multiple times no problems.

THREE DAY HOLIDAY in Cambodia coming up on OCT 3 , 4, 5,   SO MAKE SURE U CHECK ,AND READ FROM MESSAGE   Above if you are coming close to thes dates

a tourist visa is 28 days only cost $20  a NORMAL visa yes that's what its called is $25 month or $290 for 12 months can be done at airport arrival terminal  make sure you have plenty of passport size photos  you need 1 at airport the arrival and departing cards are on very thin paper black pen only both are filled out together they take arrival form and staple return forms inside your passport    visas can be up dated at most travel shops along the main street in nphnom penh called the riverside it takes 24 hours to process but remember to bring plenty of visa photos with you I got 30 done as I live in Cambodia all year been here for 3 years but every form needs a photo

[email protected]   john davison