Perks of living in cairo

Hey whether your from america or any other city let me know what you enjoy the most about living in cairo and what you hate. Personally,
i love how im always respected as an american in cairo. let me know what you think

Cairo is the wonderland as we Egyptians name it, sleepless city as we also feel it, Anything can be found easily, at any level you can live, you got a pound or a million you will live, many monuments to visit, lovely and friendly people if you lived around them,it is home even to foreignes-welcome Nora .........

hey thanks :) yes its amazing now if only more people comment on my post !! Thanks boby moon :)

of cuz my boss is american
i am proud to serve americans

welecome dear

nora_ad2 wrote:

Hey whether your from america or any other city... let me know what you think

Ok! I have decided to let you know about what I am thinking!
As you told us, it seems that foreigners here are divided into two groups: 1. from America, 2. from another city :unsure:unsure:unsure
In this way, this world must be like American continent is among some cities... or..? So, try to chose another expression:America or another continent/ United States or another country...
And by the way! Being American, it means native English speaker maybe you know that the short form for " you are" is " you' re" not your!

Hey I am not sure where you are from. While I was writing this I was in a rush so I was not paying the slightest attention to grammar or my logic. Yes, people are divided into foreigners and Americans here. Its either you are from America or some other foreign place. Let me rephrase my statement : "Whether you are from America , Egypt or any other country please let me know what you think". This is to clarify any misconceptions you may form in your head from reading my forum.

America is a continent, not a country! And I find this division very phony: Americans and foreigners! So, Americans are not foreigners?
If you have a look in my profile, you could find more about me!

nora how long have u been in egy?

hey cairo soccer : i have been here since the beginning of this year and i find living here a real challenge :)

@valibilic: I can understand why you feel uncomfortable with my comment about America being a country apart from all other countries.  I was not taking about the whole American continent but specifically referring to northern americancountries such as Chicago, New York, etc, I know this may sound discriminatory but I was just referring to the mid-west and north America, nothing against Southern countries or latin America. I am only speaking for people from those parts as I am and I am not meaning to segregate any others , but if you still don't feel comfortable with this post I would suggest you either ignore my forum or not bother friending me whichever you want is your choice. I have read about you and seems like you are living in Alexandria which is not Cairo. Have a good day!

hehe yes it's a real challenge
but i am sure u will manage

thank you where are you from cairo soccer?

I am from Cairo
hehe Pure Egy but i have been travelling all over the world

nora_ad2 wrote:

...1. I was not taking about the whole American continent but specifically referring to northern americancountries such as Chicago, New York, etc,
  ...2. I would suggest you either ignore my forum or not bother friending me whichever you want is your choice.
     3. I have read about you and seems like you are living in Alexandria which is not Cairo. Have a good day!

1. North American continent's countries are: Canada, USA and Mexico.
Chicago, New York... are CITIES in USA!
If you ask any people in the street, they know this, and it is supposed you know better than them, because you come from there.
Please, kindly I ask you to inform yourself before you post a nonsense.

2. The forum is not YOURS! Maybe Julien could say " my forum" cause he is the founder.
What is " YOURS" it is your POST that is a very big difference!

3. I am in Cairo since August 2009.
   I thought that you don t know to write, but it seems that you don t know to read, too.

Most Americans and foreigners that come here in Egypt are very well trained and educated persons. They have a high standard of behavior, and they are representative for their nation in all what they do, work, write... that s why people respect them and they feel comfortable here.
I would like to ask the other Americans here in forum, if they agree with your opinions and if they consider you a REPRESENTATIVE AMERICAN IN CAIRO!
Thank you and have a good year for all members of the forum!

okay heres what i think:

number 1:

After a search i find that america IS a country.
the answer is this: The United States of America is a country, whereas North America is a continent.
None of the above. The United States of America is a Country, North America and South America are continents, but "America" on it's own is a generic term that can refer to any of those three things.
The United States of America is a country.North America is a continent comprised of the USA, Canada, and Mexico.South America is a continent below Mexico and if you dont believe me check this link :
facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fph.answers.yahoo.com%2Fquestion%2Findex%3Fqid%3D20080717144950AAypLdA&h=0e2e2

and number 2 when you say " I am in Cairo since August 2009.I thought that you don t know to write, but it seems that you don t know to read, too.too? " shouldnt it be.. all so.. which means you need some reschooling

For your information,a continent is a bunch of small countries made in to one big country. We are the u.s.a, north, south america, canada, etc. so we are a country.

Thank you and have a good day :)

what Europe is a country too?????
and what about Africa???
USA is ONE country, so is Canada. They are on the continent North America.

I see this topic is getting off topic, we may need an adm. to moderate it or to close it, as long most of us we dont agree with nora_ad2s way of expressing herself. Maybe a topic about geography can be open instead? Or english language? Thank you.

discussion closed

Closed