Where to get shortening in Cairo?

hi,
i would like to know from where can i get Crisco Shortening (Butter flavour and Vegetable flavour) in cairo preferably rehab
n from where can i get Oven Thermometer...
pls reply if you have any additional information regarding what else can i get regarding baking stuff n cooking stuff, ill highly appreciate,
n yes is it possible to get chickpeas powder here?in cairo,( i think it is called hummus shaam in arabic)...i really need it
thanks so much in advance

one more thing, chickpea flour is also called gram flour

Alpha Market on the corniche near the Maadi entrance from the corniche is the last place I bought it.  The Metro Market in Digla Maadi also carried it. I've gotten to where I use ghee (clarified butter) where I used to use buttery Crisco and like it a lot better, plus it isn't hydrogenated like Crisco is so is a lot healthier.  Last time I bought chickpea flour was from Carrefour but that was more than a year ago, possibly 2 years.

Thanks so much Camping guy, until i go to maadi, ill try checking out metro here in rehab once again thanks a bunch!

I am almost positive I have seen the shortening in Spinneys here in Cairo!

Thanks Biffy , Ill look for it there too...i hope its by Crisco or some other brand?

I was searching for it and i found it in Spinneys in mall of Arabia , they have a web site to know where are the other branches , but you will find it in sweet ingredients corner for example . "chocolate sauce for cakes". FOr the thermometer i'm still searching for it , if you find it i will be appreciated if you tell me where
Hope that is helpful

Thanx

I saw Crisco in Uno market in rehab souq a few years ago. Try there or quick 24, or Metro. Chickpea flour-ask the spice shop if they could grind them for you, or diy. Baking/cooking supplies, in household shops, even supermarkers. Ataba is a good location and parts of heliopolis for cooking,baking items only. it depends on what you're looking for.

Hello Fate

if you live in Rehab city i'd recommend you to give a visit to a shop called Darb Al Barabera in shanzelize street, you might find what you need, if you need more 'professional' stores there is also i street in down town cairo called Darb Al Barabera too, try to give it a shot :)

Hi fate,
  If you have found  crisco shortening i am looking for it so if you find it please tell me.
Concerning baking n cooking stuff you have a variety of options nearby you,a shop called tulipe in cairo festival city ; 5th settlement and misr el gedida.
Mohsen al fayoumy beside al rahman mosque, sslah salem road.
Abo el nil in al obour buildings, orouba street.
Darb al barabra shop in el gameaa square in misr , here also i think you can find the chickpeas flour.
Crackers shop in al pasha square al manial.