Warning to foreigners travelling on the A1 Burgos autovia

Good evening,
I thought I should share this with you all.  IŽm currently driving a british plated car (legally). on the 23rd Dec I was stopped by a Žpolice carŽ, the passenger waved a police looking wallet at me.  I was suspicious immediately as it was a 10 yr old car.  He didnŽt want to speak Spanish to me and asked me if I had any prohibited currency such as pounds or dollars on my person, I asked him for his ID and he made his excuses and they left quickly.  Today, 1 Jan 11 I was taking the whole family to Plaza Norte 2 when I spied the same car creeping up, he waved his ŽbadgeŽat my wife, I took his photo and chased them down the road (I donŽt know why, there were 3 of them!).  Just a warning, if they donŽt have blue flashing lights and uniform on the motorway, donŽt stop.  Their car is a dark green Puegeot 405 reg M 6626 YC. Cheeky sods, I can imagine that they make a fortune out of scared foreigners.  Yes I phoned the Guardia!

next time just shoot out the front windsheild and leave.

That's horrible! I'm glad you and your family were not harmed. I've also heard of a group impersonating the Guardia Civil. Painted the car white and green. Can never be too careful.