Madrid & Surrounding Area

Still investigating a move to Spain, have now decided that Madrid is going to be the better option for business reasons.

I really need some help from those already living in and around Madrid to advise me on the different towns around the Madrid area.

We would prefer not to live in the city itself but within a 30 minute drive. Can you recommend any particular areas that we would find the following :

1. Schools, we are British so any recommendations ?
2. Other expats (doesn't have to be overrun with expats but a few in the area would be nice)
3. Amenities (general things a family needs like shops, restaurants, parks for the kids etc etc)

If anyone has a general idea of the cost of living in these areas as well it would be extremely helpful.

The list could get exhaustive so I will leave it there for now, hopefully you kind hearted  people will reply to my message and help me with the information I need.

Thank you !!!!

Can anybody suggest an alternative site/forum where I can expect to get some help with my query ?
It appears that people like to read your question but aren't so quick to offer their guidance.

So any thoughts on alternative sites for expats in Madrid ?

Cheers

Hi europebound!

I see you have obtained many replies on the other topics you posted on the forum :whistle:
Maybe you should consider contacting the people who helped you for a start.

Regards
Armand

This one is Madrid specifically, previous posts were generic.
I was hoping for some guidance from expats already living in or around Madrid.

Thanks for your helpful response though.