Life in Jeddah

I arrived in Jeddah  in January 14 , 2016   from Mumbai , India and  ever since i  have  struggled to get

1. My iqama

2. Driving Licence

3. Compound accomodation   .

Finally I got my iqama and driving licence in the month of July 2016

In order to get iqama  for Engineers , first the process stats with registration  at Saudi council of Engineers where in you are required to upload electronically series of documents  like Engineering degree , Mark sheets of All semesters , Your passport  and Your CV and Employment contract  . after successful uploading of documents , You were given clearance electronically to obtain iqama .
Iqama is a mandatory document without which you cannot obtain driving licence and  leased accomodation  and cannot open Bank account and cannot transfer money to your country  .

Thanks to My HR Manager who has provided a company letter basiis which i obtained compound accomodation in  Nada Village , Jeddah . The compound is very nice with all sports facilities like Gym , Swimming Pool , Basket ball and Foot ball field , cafe and a super market .

Maid servants are also available in compound and  Internet and TV channels are also avaialble on paid basis .

ashish46 wrote:

Iqama is a mandatory document without which you cannot obtain driving licence and  leased accomodation  and cannot open Bank account and cannot transfer money to your country  .

I faced the same problem when I arrived in Riyadh. Anyways, it's been almost 5 years now and I'm enjoying Riyadh. In fact, I love Riyadh.   :cheers:

Thank for the information and glad you got your things done. I pass by Nada village daily and it looks like that place needs maintenance and fixing.

From outside, the compound  it is under repair , but from inside everything is perfectly maintained .

ashish46 wrote:

Finally I got my iqama and driving licence in the month of July 2016

Alhamdulillah, I got my Iqama just in 15 days. I arrived here on 3rd March, 2014 and I got Iqama around 20th March, 2014.  :one

Where is Nada Village located?
What type of accommodation do they offer?
What ranges are their annual rents?
What facilities does the compound provide?

Nada Village is located in Jeddah , Sabbain  area near Zaris Book store , it is a compound with Villas -  2 , 3 , 4 Bedrroms ,  Rent depends upon availability and  price customer is willing to pay ,
The compound has swimming Pool, Gym , Basketball and Tennis and Footbal court and a  supermarket and  cafe

21°35'47.4"N 39°11'28.9"E
Google coordinates of Nada Village in Jeddah

Thanks very much Ehtesham

At last you got your Iquama & Licence. Have a happy life here