Insurance coverage in Austria

Hello everyone,

Moving abroad requires adequate insurance coverage.

What type of insurance expatriates need the most in Austria: health, house or liability insurance? All of them? Do they come as a package?

Are there other insurance options to consider like critical illness, damage or property insurance?

Is it better to purchase insurance from an expat insurance specialist or from a local insurance provider?

And what about insurance costs?

Tell us about your experience in Austria.



When I first arrived I got private health cover for 6 months till I was covered under GKK , after paying into it for 4 years discovered I was covered under UK NHS , as I'm on a part uk pension so after filling paperwork.  With S1 form sent by age pension uk to me I got a refund of all my payments I had paid to GKK .over the 4 years .  I had cover for 6 months with Uniqua for €400 I also get cover with them if traveling abroad  for full cover.
    My house and contents and car Insurance I have with Uniqua insurance , who have been great with me ,  replacing. A shed roof after heavy winter snow damage , replacing house roof tiles (15) that had cracked ,  paying for water damage and repair  from a leaking pipe in  wall.  I also have  lawyer and personal accident insurance  , third party cover for anyone injured on my property , with them total a month €185  would recommend them .

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Austria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Austria

Moving to Austria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Austria

Travel insurance in Austria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Austria