In retrospect, would you move again to Mauritius?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Mauritius, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Mauritius so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

Great topic! Looking forward to the stories as I am looking to move to Mauritius.

Yes, definitely.

I hope to reborn again as a Mauritian. The best country to live and the best people in the world to associate with personally. Professionally still there are a lot of challenges which the local Mauritians have to meet and overcome.

Looking forward to reading about different experiences😀

Nice topic! So hard to find info about this on blogs. Seems hardly anyone has time to blog in Mauritius. Moving there in Nov/Dec.

No

If you feel that way, why do you stay?

And what makes you regret it?

I would.

But you have to understand that mauritians are only slowly changing the way they work and operate. You cant expect crazy high services etc. You have to understand the way they operate.

Also Mauritians are very warm welcoming people. So just make the effort to adapt to them and understand  their cultural heritage.

Thank you

No, I wouldn't move here again. I've been here for a year and a half and am organising moving home to Ireland in the next 2 months.
It's a stunningly beautiful island with fabulous weather but I'm looking forward to leaving.

No, . Many services also do not offer the standard sometimes we hope to see and we have to adapt several times in different situation . The difference in languages used at work or for customer service is also a great hinder .