Posting to KSA

Hi everyone,

I am buying things from other part of the world through Ebay, Amazon, etc. Has anyone experienced getting items to KSA via post? Is it arriving to you, if yes, is it on time? Do you recommend to get items shipped to KSA or I should get it to my home country?

Any opinion?

I receive shipments from ebay and amazon very often -- say 3+ times a month. I noticed that unlike old times, so many shippers are ready to ship to KSA directly now; esp. on amazon. That's one thing.

Second: I have been happy with Saudi Post. An example from last week: Two days back, I received an SMS from Saudi Post asking me to pick up my shipment from Jarir road branch. It went like a breeze visiting their automated machine (kiosk), punching my cell number and the password received in the SMS. A locker opened and I grabbed my bundle of books from amazon.

I had to pick up because I chose the cheapest possible shipment service available. On other shipment options (priority for example), they deliver right on your doorstep.

TLL - I am very jealous of your luck with Sauid Post as I have had the exact opposite including a card for my child coming 9 months after it was posted.

I personally use Shop and Ship through Aramex. It is a little pricey at times, but I get the packages within a week of it getting to the PO Box in NY or one of the many places I can have it shipped to. This also works well for packages from my family (not actual paper mail though just packages). Plus side is I usually only pay for the Aramex shipping as many places I buy from ship to the local country address for free.