Can I buy ZamZam water in Riyadh?

I know Zam Zam is available in Medina and Mecca but does anyone know if I can get/purchase it in Riyadh?  I'm hoping they come in small enough containers to take via plane!

Thanks.

Zam Zam water is not for sale, it`s forbidden to make money on it. You may only ask someone of your friends to bring it for you to Riyadh. And still, it happens that airport officers do not allow bottles with zam zam water on board. Only if you take small bottle may be.

Well there are people who are providing you Service to Bring it 4 you in a CAN or Bottle .

they do charge for this service - not the ZAM ZAM water.

Even outside Haram - you will find these people.

I am just wondering... If these people charge for bringing zam zam water for someone (which is already haram, to take money for this), then how can you trust these people that what they brought is actually zam zam water, and not just a tap water :))))))))

What is Zam Zam Water?  I suspect something religious?

CAF, Zamzam is a well in Makkah that sprang 4000 years ago when Prophet Ismail, the son of Prophet Ibraham and Hajera, pounded the ground with his feet out of thirst while his mother Hajera was running in the desert looking for water for her crying infant. Allah sent the Archangel Gabriel who let the water spring under the feet of Prophet Ismail. And ever since, the water has been springing.
The water from this well is known as ZAMZAM water.

and ya...it is sacred

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamzam_Well

Thanks Shahab!  I'd never heard of it.

:rolleyes:

how can you be so sure it was 4000 years ago? :huh:

Salman Omrani wrote:

how can you be so sure it was 4000 years ago? :huh:

He has been counting on his fingers since morning :D:D:D

well, my bad...those are the years which many books say. I think it was more than 4000 years back. as far as i think i know, Prophet Mohammed was around the 60th generation after Prophet Ismail. And Prophet Mohammed was born in the year 570AD (which i think u know).
Now i think the self proclaimed legend might be able to count on his fingers, the palm lines, or watever the number of years. i leave it to him

No offense Shahab! Like Salman I was also surprized looking at the number of years you specified :).

It was during the period just after Prophet Abraham

As per WikiPedia :

Origin of Zamzam

Islamic history states that Zamzam well was revealed to Hajar, the wife of Abraham and mother of Ishmael,[2] around the year 2000 BC. According to Islamic tradition, she was desperately seeking water for her infant son, but could find none, as Mecca is located in a hot dry valley with few sources of water. Muslim traditions say that Hajar ran seven times back and forth in the scorching heat between the two hills of Safa and Marwah, looking for water. Getting thirstier by the second, her son, Ismael anxiously scraped the land with his feet, where suddenly water sprang out. There are other versions of the story involving Allah sending his angel, Gabriel, who touched the ground where water rose.

So as it around 2000BC and now its 2010 : hence 2000+2010 =4010

:)

so nauman u proved me right??? yay!!! thanks buddy...but still i think its not exact info