Ladies! Where do you get your abaya from?

Hey ladies!

I've just joined my husband in Riyadh and obviously I need to buy an abaya or two, I was like this is the country of abayas so I'll find all kinds and shapes here. but when I went to check out some abaya boutiques in some malls they either have all plain ones that look the sames or very sparkled ones. I just need some simple and classy abayas. Where can I find the best stores to buy them? And  what is the cost in average? Thank you!

riyadh gallery has the largest number of abaya stores in one place.

Hey dear welcome to Riyadh...
if you're looking for simple and classy abayas, then you better check out "Taybah Souq" they have the best looking abayas..

do you have a location for it?
can you add to the map please
http://goo.gl/maps/8sbKP

Kuwaiti souk 100-200be prepared to drive a hard bargain

FLS i'm not really good with directions and maps :unsure..

but i'll give it a try, as i recall Souq Tayyeba is neighboring Owais markets, its situated on King Fahd Road and Olaya, at the same time its overseeing both Streets..

Freshlikesushi wrote:

do you have a location for it?
can you add to the map please
http://goo.gl/maps/8sbKP

your work is so beneficial for the others..

thank you..

FLS, i've already added it to the map, you can check it now :)..thank you

Aww thanks a lot everyone.. for Tayba stores I guess they're close to city center aren't they? And where can i find the kwaiti souq?  I'll check them out =)

Ask your taxi driver.  Theres like 20 abaya stores there and its cheaper than thr malls and prices are more flexible. Some nice embroidered or crystal ones around

EriGirl wrote:

FLS, i've already added it to the map, you can check it now :)..thank you

thank you so much!!!

Alstroemeria wrote:

Aww thanks a lot everyone.. for Tayba stores I guess they're close to city center aren't they? And where can i find the kwaiti souq?  I'll check them out =)

Kuwaiti Souk is next to Tayba Souk

(well known to Taxi Drivers - both based on Main Olya Road) - centre of city - 2 mins drive from Riyadh Gallery

SaudiUK wrote:
Alstroemeria wrote:

(well known to Taxi Drivers - both based on Main Olya Road) - centre of city - 2 mins drive from Riyadh Gallery

Oh yeah I know Olaya Road, thanks a lot

SaudiUK wrote:
Alstroemeria wrote:

Can you label on the map so she can ee exactly where

welcome

plz check your inbox

regards

Has anyone seen an abaya with pockets? I would kill to have one

you can ask the tailor to do you secret inside pockets.

there good ones in shua'la center neer defence ministry.

i don't understand in Abaya stuff but a friend of mine told me that there is good shop making this things has two branches one in Jeddah and Riyadh the place called "my fair lday" have no idea where to find it in Riyadh :)

Ju1cyLucy wrote:

Has anyone seen an abaya with pockets? I would kill to have one

You have a big enough bag as it is HaHa!

M

Wow! I just went to Deera today and was sick of old designs. Then while searching for new collection online I ended up joining Expat.com!(Too Random) But yeah Deera and Kuwaiti market are good places to find an abaya....

To Riyadh gallery mall, on grand floor there is a nice boutique that has a beautiful abaya and classic abaya, I bought ones, another shop where there are a very nice abaya is to Kingdom tower on floor only for woman. By by and welcome to SA

Hey..i have recently shifted to riyadh..i am going on vacation nd i wanna take an abaya for my mom..The prob is i dun have any idea abt abayas..bloggers please help!