Living with a doggie in Doha - Walking Spots

Hi All,

It's been now one month that i have adopted a dog from a shelter in Doha. Life with a dog here is very different from what you can have in europe in many ways but, the love that the animal is giving you 100% worth it.

I was wondering if other dog owners are within the forum and could advise on good spots to go and walk the dog? Also good spots where the dog is allowed at coffee bar for example.

My dog is very sociable and love to play, I would be very happy to share some walks with other dog owners so our buddies can play together :)

Thanks,

Lisa

i believe aspire zone is a good spot

Thank you for adopting a shelter dog. It depends where you live.
I am in The Pearl and there are many places to walk there. Also there are some beaches, and of course the desert.
As far as coffee shops, that is a no no. You will not find any place. Your best bet may be the new coffee shop in Qanat Quartier in The Pearl. But even there we are being asked to keep the dog on the lead and not be in the terrasse.
Good luck to you and enjoy your new friend.

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't sure if aspire zone was dog friendly, I don't have a car at the moment so I haven't tried this park yet but I will definitively go once I'll have it.

I heard of the Pearl as well so I will go there as well. If you have any name of good beach to go to let me know!

thanks

Once you get a 4x4 car you can go to Zikreet. I used to go to Wakrah, but I don't think it is still open.

There are some beaches in Thakhera also.

The best way is to ask your vet.

Good luck.

Yes im not sure if i am going to take a 4x4 though but im sure i will find some places to go to. :)

Hello There. My hubby and I are planning on relocating our dog to Doha and I would like to know of pet friendly accommodation for him? We need to find accommodation two weeks from moving in. It would really help to be given contact details of people or real estate agencies. Also one more thing: How Is finding food for your dog? Does the dog manage the heat? Are you able to find him treats?

Most of the accommodation are pet friendly.
If you can try to find in the Pearl especially Qanat Quartier or the villas.
Good pet food is available in most grocery chains and at the vets. I am using medicated food for my dog.
For the heat it can be a problem for their paws and fur. So no running, especially during the day in summer. in winter it is very cool so no problem. You could invest in a cooling vest. Available at amazon, I have been told,  and some can be found at the vet. I use Qatar Veterinary Center, but it is because it is close by. But most of the good vet centers are very good.
Qatar is not that bad, and I am sure that you and your dog will enjoy it.

Hi There,
Thank you for your feedback. Where about in Doha do you live? I am considering using dohavets to import my Scottish terrier. Would you recommend them or do you have another contact?
How long have u lived in Doha before your dogs came through? I was told my company that I need to have a residence permit before I bring him through? Is this related to my work visa or my rental accommodation? If not where to I get a residence permit from in order to expedite my Scotties import into Qatar?
If you would like, you can email me your mobile number and we can communicate via whatsapp!
Really appreciate you lending a friendly word and advice.

Regards
Deshka

wer you able to find an accomodatio nfor your Pet?
im looking for one too.

Accommodation can be provided by the various vets in town, also the Furrr camp in the pearl has good facilities