Golden Retriever and Cat moving to Doha with Mum and Dad

Hi,  I am new to this forum.  We are excited to be moving to Doha in 2014.  I am feeling a little nervous with regard to what to expect re: Housing plus settling into life there with Golden Retriever and a cat.  We have grown up children and YES, I realize I may have substituted the nurturing energy into our dog and cat.  I would be most grateful for any information, tips etc regarding housing somewhere travel distance to airport (work) plus, I have heard mixed information regarding Doha being a dog friendly location.   Sincere thanks in advance.

welcome to Qatar in advance ,
I wanna tell you only one things , don't listen to any information from someone not involved in Qatar ,
I'm living in Qatar since 7 years and I can see the country development from  good to better , Qatar is the best to live in it from all Arabic country , believe me you'll enjoy your stay .

regards .

Thanks for your reply.  We are very much looking forward to living in Doha.  I am keen to learn as much as I can before we get there with our pets.  Our dog will be 1year old by then.  Just curious how other Dog owners accommodate the differing housing styles and climate with the needs of pets. I have heard that rat-baiting is potential hazard when walking dogs in Doha.  I was also curious where it is acceptable to walk your dog in Doha please? At the moment our dog and cat have a good sized grassy yard and are both inside/outside pets.  What is the normal housing and pet care in Doha?     Thanks in advance

Hi there ,
really for your Dog and cat Since I don't have it I can't help on this and  I'll let some one else have such it to reply on your question , but for the rest guarantee You'll Enjoy in our beautiful country ...
Rgeards ....Rony .