Need Help, moving to KL in March.....want some details

Hi,

We are a family of 4 ( kids are 8 and 5). My hubsand has been offered a job in Kl. He is being offered a salary around 18000- 20000 RM per month . Also we have been promised medical care and school fees reimbursement. I was wondering if this salary is sufficient to live a comfortable life in KL. Also I would like to know if unfurnished houses are available freely. I have been checking a few websites and most of them are advertising fully furnished houses.
We would like to live somewhere near GIIS school (hoping that my children will get admission there). We are looking for a 3 bedroom unfurnished house....can I get an estimate on the rent. Please advise I am totally confused right now :)

I think you should not worry about it
it can be sufficient for you and your family

There are a lot of service apartments down there. not to worry about houses.  But  check for  the admission for ur kids.

Thank you very much merlinarther for the info. also sugu thanks a lot...am going to get in touch with GIIS tomorrow for details about my childrens admissions.

You R welcome kalpanank.

Hello Kalpana,

May I know the results of your research on GIIS?

Regards
Balaji

Hello Mr Balaji,

I spoke to some of the staff of GIIS and I was asked to fill the admission form available online. They told me that my children will have to undergo an apptitude test, which will be conducted when we land in KL. Well that is all the details that I have. We will be landing in KL in the last week of Feb. Only after that will I be able to give u any more information. When are u planning to move to kl ? How old are ur kids?

Regards

Kalpana

Thank you, Kalpana. I need to move in (alone) by Jan 1st week. Planning to bring in the family, once the kids' (two boys 8 and 4) exams are over (by Apr 2011). I'm currently doing some research on other international schools as well. Please let me know on the progress of yours, i will keep you posted as well.

Hello Mr Balaji,

My kids are going to miss out on their final exams this time, we have to move by feb from uae as my hubby has to join work in kl by mar 1st. According to uae law if my husband cancels his visa, the other dependent visas also will get cancelled. I sope to the school regarding this issue and they were kind enough to understand our problem and said it was ok if they missed part of the last term and finals. They said they will be accepted depending on thier apttitude test and ealier results. I hope all this works once we reach KL.

Regards

kalpana

Wow! thats nice of GIIS. Under what curriculum they are learning in the UAE? (Here is think its CBSE in GIIS).

Yes it was indeed very kind of them. My kids are studying in CBSE curriculum in UAE

mine are going to PSBB LLA (CBSE) in Bangalore. Here I'm not still sure of which school to put in, anyway I have some time to talk to schools and parents here before I decide.

If you are deciding on GIIS, are you looking for housing near Brickfields area? I'm considering Brickfields, Bangsar and Mont Kiara (there's a huge community of expats around Mont Kiara area).

Hello Kalpana,

Have you find your accommodation in KL?

Hi guys,

If you looking a nanny/helper do please call/sms me....im available to serve your family. Reach me at 017-3519973

Hi comel4977!

Please post your adverts in Kuala Lumpur classifieds under jobs> other!

Regards
Armand