Best cities to live in Tunisia

Hi,

It's not always easy to decide in which area to settle in when moving to Tunisia. According to you, what are the best cites to live in?

Which regions offer most of the job opportunities, a good quality of life, an affordable cost of living?

Share with us the cities you would recommend to expats and soon-to-be expats in Tunisia.

Thank you in advance,

Julien

Hi,

Nice weather, clean city, cheap house rental, close to airport, good expats communities... It is all about Hammemet / Monastir / Djerba, In case you are looking for relaxed lifestyle ;)

Otherwise, I would recommend something around the capital Tunis.

I have lived in a few cities here but I keep coming back to Bizerte.  It is the most beautiful city in Tunisia right on the Med.  Everything is close, louage to Tunis only 35 mins so commuting is not a problem.  The best fish market and the souq is great.  Finally the housing is very good, the people are very, very nice and we have lots of great cafes to hang out in.

I absoloutely adore Djerba, it is beautiful in everyway and has a nice relaxing atmosphere about it, the weather is a bonus too.

For me, Kantaoui, Sousse has my heart .  It is constantly improving, the people are kind and friendly and it's fairly clean .  My husband is from the capital and I have tried to like it there and honestly, I just can't .  It's loud, filthy ,rude people etc. In Kantaoui our flat is right on the beach with amazing views and it is peaceful.  Compare that to a flat we had in Lac, and really there is no comparison.  Lac was almost twice the price, the view was just more buildings and trash that people felt the need to throw all over, and it was loud . Also in Lac out building didn't really have security.  Sure there was a code on the door to enter the building but if someone left it propped open, anyone could just wander in.  Our flat now has actual security with the coded door as well as a man sat at a desk watching all angles of the property on security monitors.