Best area to live

Hi All,

I am really getting good information from you guys.
i would like to know the best AREA in tunis to live good Economical life (low budget).
Any Place low in accomodation, having market near by and where we can have general routine stuff easily...
Dont need any Luxsury or High class area, just need safe and clean place.

Thanks

Hi
I think northern suburbs except Menzeh, Manar, Nasr which are considered as High class areas, are good for foriegners who look for economic life and affordable expenses and in the same time want to know more about tunisian culture and visit monuments and many beautiful places on the land of Carthage. Places that are close to tunis downtown like Belvedere or Omrane are good also and they are not far from Pakistani embassy (Menzeh IX)

You're welcome

ennasar is good place to live in. but it is costly.

Welcome to Tunis!
First of all, I agree with Ali Chaudhry, it's expensive to live in Tunis now; but you can find affordable places in Ariana. The good news about Ariana, is that you have la souk or street market, and many little stores to buy what you need. If you pick a place close to the metro, much better! Remember that public transportation is an issue in Tunis, unless you are planning on buying your own car. Being close to the metro helps a lot! Rent depends on the bedrooms you need... check the website below my message to have an idea. As a foreign myself, I enjoy my stay in Ariana ville. Another option is Le Bardo, many people like it in there. There are some apartments in Centre Ville that are affordable, and if you are not picky, well, it's the best location you can find here. If you want to live close to the beach: La Marsa, Carthage, La Goulette...rent around there is expensive. Keep in mind that traffic is a nightmare in Tunis! in the morning and at night (rush hour) so you might want to live somewhat close to your work. Good luck!!! http://www.tunisie-annonce.com/AnnoncesImmobilier.asp

Hi I am up rooting my whole life and family to move to tunisia my husband is Tunisian and my children too ;) we are looking at building and house and starting a business there but at the moment we need to rent I have looked at  lac2 area. my oldest daughter speaks Swiss German so we need her go to a German school ( she is 12)
I have a lot of family in Tunisia and I love the real Tunisia.... I am from the rough side of Glasgow so I know how to defend myself ;)  but my daughter has only known Switzerland and it worries me that she will find it very hard if anyone knows of a German  speaking school and or a nice area price is not a problem please let me know thank you :)

Hi Shazzybar,
Check this German institute for your daughter and hopefully they will be helpful to her in tunis
http://www.goethe.de/ins/tn/tun/deindex.htm

Shazzybar wrote:

Hi I am up rooting my whole life and family to move to tunisia my husband is Tunisian and my children too ;) we are looking at building and house and starting a business there but at the moment we need to rent I have looked at  lac2 area. my oldest daughter speaks Swiss German so we need her go to a German school ( she is 12)
I have a lot of family in Tunisia and I love the real Tunisia.... I am from the rough side of Glasgow so I know how to defend myself ;)  but my daughter has only known Switzerland and it worries me that she will find it very hard if anyone knows of a German  speaking school and or a nice area price is not a problem please let me know thank you :)

Hi and welcome to Tunis.  My advice - don't build a house unless you or your husband can be with the builder everyday to supervise, otherwise you will find many mistakes and rectification will be very costly!!  Ask me I've done it - maboula ena!!