New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Spain forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Spain if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

Moving to Valencia

Hello!!! I am a new member! I am Latvian living in Valencia, Spain for more then 7 years. As I have a lots of experience in Spanish culture and knowledge of Spanish and other languages I have been asked for help from people who are moving to Valencia to find an apartment or to deal with paperwork.
In this forum I want to share my personal experience and maybe with this info to help other people because I know how frustrating it can be.
Also I want to meet the new expats arriving to this lovely city.
Feel free to contact me!

Hi i am deepak sejwal ....i am from new delhi , India . I am working in air force here with my contract running till december 2018, i am planning to mive to spain in madrid after that bcs my girlfrnd lives there . My qualifications are that i am a computer engg. N currently i am into logistics management in my currrent profession with over 5 yrs of working experience. I speak english and hindi fluently n littke spanish too. By the time i come out of my contract i ll be able to spk better spanish. So my request to u guys is that if you could help me in suggesting me job opportunities in madrid. Thanks

Hi everybody, i am Benjamin a current 3rd year student in University of Ghana, reading Spsnish and Economics. I am so much in love with the culture, language and everything about Spain. I really love to spend some vacation in spain with a family if possible just to learn more. If any Expat family is interested in having someone like me spend a vacation with them,please let me know.

Hi

I am new here, I supply TV via the Internet. I have been here for 14 years and am just looking to network.

Hi everyone!
I'm presently living in Cyprus, four years now, and lm very happy to say that lm relocating to Alicante city on 1/4/2016.
I love this city and l know it quite well and can't wait to get involved with the social scene there.
I am retired, single lady interested in modern jive and hope I'll find a class to join. Alicante is so much closer to my family and they'll be more able to afford visiting me here.
I'm a member of two social singles groups here and love suggesting outing to restaurants or galleries, quiz nights etc.
Look forward to a warm response...
Maureen xx

Hallo everybody,

I am Pieter le Roux and married to Cathy le Roux. We have two children and one granddaughter. My children are married and out of my hair but not my budget. I am 54 and Cathy is 51. We are looking for an opportunity to relocate to Spain or Sydney. My daughter and husband stays in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and will relocate to Spain once the children are ready to go to school. I have a training, telecommunications and Compliance Risk Management background in banking. I enjoy swimming, cycling, making wine, liqueur and beer.

Cathy has been a Personal Assistant to Executive members of various banks. She also had her own landscaping business for about 7 years. I currently work on contract basis for a company called Growth in Motion (GIM). my contract at Liberty Holdings Limited in Group Compliance is through GIM. I am a Christian but live a balanced life.   

Cathy and I need to work and have fun in a more ethical and compliant country than South Africa. I am very open to learning, studying, experiencing new avenues, etc.  Anything else you want to know? Thank you, Pieter le Roux. PS: with such a surname I should be speaking French but do not at this stage however I'll have to because my son-in-law speaks French and so will my grandchildren.  :)

Good to read such positive postings from all over the globe! See, people are decent, it's just the politicians who cock it up!
Out of interest, Britain is now reckoned to sit at tenth place with Germany and Luxembourg in the global corruption table, France at 23 and Spain at a miserable 36th place - well below Botswana and Poland.
The top prize for burglaries used to belong to Greece but now its Spain. I think it's genetic. They have been stealing for so long it's now part of their DNA. So make sure your cars are locked, all valuables are hidden and your house is very securely locked and bolted!
Apart from that, it's a great country to live in!

Hi, i am in Roses for 6 weeks working and visiting my mom. Looking to meet people, go out, have fun and experience the area.

I am 42, married and a mother of a daughter, they are  in the US.
I am in the travel business, love to travel obviously, to eat and cook, to drink wine, i run and exercise. I want to live life to the fullest and do bold things...

Hello!
Well, such an upbeat post! I love your philosophy of life. We only get one shot at it so make the most of every day. Be happy every day, make someone else happy every day and give your smiles away, they are of no use to you.

Pity we are so far apart. I am in Almeria, which is a long way from Rosas. Still, I am sure you will meet some good people and have fun.

Rosas is a lovely little town and the Internationally acclaimed skydiving school at Empuriabrava is worth a visit - if you like that sort of thing - I do! Here's the link www.skydiveempuriabrava.com

Enjoy yourself!

Hi, My name is Patryka Chaves and I currently live and work full time in the USA.  I will be retiring in about three years and moving to Spain is my dream.  As I am a descendant of Spanish settlers in the USA, I can not think of anything more wonderful than returning to my roots in Spain and falling hopeless in love with everything Spanish.  I speak some Spanish but there is lots of room for improvement.  I enjoy doing genealogical research so living in Spain is the ultimate for me.

I am single and very excited about starting a whole new chapter of my life.  I am looking forward to traveling around Spain and Europe enjoying.  I am excited about meeting new people and drinking great wine and eating the most delightful food. 

For the next couple of years I will be doing my research to figure out the best way to accomplish this next chapter.....where to move to .....how to move there.....what to be prepared for......Belonging to Expat has certainly helped me by giving me REAL INFORMATION from real people living the life and I appreciate everyone's comments and input and it better enables me to plan for my future in Spain. 

íSaludos a todos!
Patryka

Patryka,
What a wonderful story! I suppose you will want to go see where your family came from and that may decide where you move to. Spain has great cities and a wonderful coastline.
I suppose the most important thing for you is, are you a sunshine person, a mixed person or someone who likes the cold in winter? Spain has it all. However, the one thing to check out are the transportation options. Some areas are very well served and others are pretty isolated. It is not always obvious.
If you are going to travel check out the many travel deals available in Spain. It's not as good as France but transport is not expensive. Town halls and tourist information offices are a great source of information.
Good luck with your plans!

Hi Maureen

Read your message with interest. I am also planning a move to the Costa Blanca... Javea or Moraira.
Have you found a property yet rental or purchase wise that you like?
There's a lot of research to be done.
Catherine

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity strictly not allowed. You may register your services in the Business directory free of charge.
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promoting own services not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

Hi Writer-surely if Spain sits 36 in the corruption table then doesn't that make the UK (sitting at 6th) an even bigger villain?
Where we live in Spain we have noticed that people can leave a beach chair on the beach over night and it's still there in the morning. Not much theft going on here, although there have been cases of break ins recently, but alas, only for food from fridges. I take it you have had a bad experience where you are? which is awful.
So why Spain if you feel you live among thieves?

Ah, 6 is good and 36 is bad! It's in descending order.
Why Spain? health reasons. I need dry heat. Simple. Every country has it's warts, what you have to work out is which warts you can tolerate. There is no effective deterrent in Spain for theft, prison is not an effective answer. And, of course, since there are several stories in the press and on television every day about high level corruption, i.e. theft of public money, I suppose it's not too difficult to imagine why the man in the street thinks he can steal and it's okay.
Spain has been a country of corruption since first we ever visited and lived in it 33 years ago. The stories were the same. Nothing changes. My guess is that stealing is genetic, they have been doing it for so long, as the history of several hundred years relates.
Still, on the positive side, the people are warm, smiley and friendly. We have only encountered 4 cases of xenophobia in 3 years whereas in France, where we used to live, we encountered 4 cases a day!
The sun shines, the food, wine and basic things of life, except the exorbitantly priced electricity, are all affordable and mostly very good. And, so far, dealing with the administration has been pain free and straightforward in direct contrast to the utterly xenophobic and hopelessly antiquated system of France.
Education levels are low, diagnostic skills are fairly poor whether it is a doctor or car mechanic but there is a willingness to learn. To communicate. Spain may yet turn into the best country in Europe in 30 years or so. I wish them well!

Hello everybody,I'm felysia I living in Bali Indonesia I want to looking job in Spain like a Nanny..thank you.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your contribution. I would like to remind you that the initial topic of this thread is on the introduction of new members. Please start a new topic on the Spain forum if you have any particular question.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

ooops the Po Po slapping wrists.
Should be grateful we actually write anything in here never mind telling us off like naughty school children.

Yep! I'm with you. All comments give somebody information. Isn't that the point?

Absolutely Writerman. Do we really have to be compartmentalised?
No we don't.
My personality type is in the 2% of the World population bracket I have no choice but to stand out from the crowd and so the last thing I feel comfortable with is being put in a box.

If your Spanish is fluent then you'll be fine as you'll be able to teach the children English huge +

@ llivehereallyear and Writer > Please have a look at the post of christine :

Christine wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your contribution. I would like to remind you that the initial topic of this thread is on the introduction of new members. Please start a new topic on the Spain forum if you have any particular question.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com

I am so sorry you think it's genetic.
Really?
Maybe in Britain there is not corruption at all....
So you can move here,

Don't worry, they don't have a clue.

Doh! Read ours. We've already reacted.

Hello i am Philip Salis Bangura i will love to connect with  you and learn more on your internet tv for Sierra Leone i also speak English very well and Spanish

I am Salis Bangs from Sierra Leone i will like to connect with Spanish or any one from any part of the world so we can be friends. i speak Spanish and French as well
so lets get connected

Hello you welcome

I`m Pablo. I`m 30 years old. I live north-west Madrid. I`m from Mexico and I moved to Spain in 2006. Been living many places around Spain. Would be great to find people to meet and talk in english or french.
Greetings to all!
Pablo.

Hi, Im Alex, 32, from London, working in the gaming industry and looking to live in Santa Margarita. I know very few people out here apart from work colleagues and I would like to house/flat share immediately! Message me if you have anything available longterm and would like to meet. I am outgoing, tidy and friendly.

cheers!

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Amartin, i suggest you drop an advert in the Shared accommodation in Spain section of the website so that interested members may easily access your advert and contact you.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hola

My name is William, I am new here and I am seeking for some information to relocate to Spain with my family ( my old parents and siblings ). If you are Malaysian and gone tru the similar process. Please advise and I m so appreciate with your help.  Please message me. Thank you very much.

Kindest regards
William X

Hello William I'm from Poland but I live in spain Sevilla don't hesitate ask me a question
Lidia Wysocka

hi   :)
im hoping to move to spain, in the very near future (my house is on the market) which has been my dream for 20 years!!
what I need help with, first of all...is what area is best...ive looked at lots of property on the internet...& I definitely want to be where its hot, with most days of sunshine...so Almeria/Murcia seems to tick that box.
my problem is...wheres best, if your starting a new life on your own? because as much, as I love the idea of having a villa with beautiful views, I don't want to feel lonely or isolated...so I want to live where theres a good ex-pat community..i do want a social life..not ready for retirement yet  ;)
I would be grateful for help...as to what social life there is in Almeria or Murcia?...or is there somewhere that would suit better in that region?
many thanks & bye for now

Hello may I have another option for you?if you love sun, nice people com to Andalucia,Sevilla it's wonderful city and you have only 1 hour to go in Portugal..
Don't hesitate ask any question

Hello....  New member here, but I have been living in El Spain-o for the past three (3) years.  I have one of those Spanish-wife thingy's....  I am sick of the "teaching English" deal, and am bored to death.  Definitely looking for something more.  Yes?  No?  Yes?  No?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=576154

Thanks!

Closed