Been in Hanoi for 6 months now and I need to stop missing Saigon.

Hello guys,

I've been in hanoi for 6 months now and found the city really boring. No offence , but it's true. My life currently are just office and home.

I'm wondering if there's any groups to join and maybe have a beer at weekend with? Better near Tay Ho Dist cuz I'm living here and usually get lost in Old Quarter :P

Btw, I am vietnamese, born and raised in Danang, moved to Saigon and now in Hanoi for work. Love travelling and meeting new people.

Lemme know if there's any group.

Hi there,

You'd better start at Madake since it's in the neighborhood. They have pretty good activities and events scheduled almost every weekend

Hanoi Rock City is pretty nice too, pity I haven't got chances to come here yet :

Rastaman and Tea Room at the lower lake road along with Xuan Dieu open til late and if you like to meet up you can come there. A bit chaos :p

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Promotion of external links, websites, blogs not allowed.

Yes. I agree that Ha noi so boring. Sometime i feel nowhere to go, nothing to do here. I need to stop missing SG also, but... Honestly, i wanna come back SG

Hey Trang Duong,

Hi5 for the same thoughts. :)

Cheers.

Eve,

You gals are scaring me.  I may end up working in Hanoi but now I have to think twice   :/

If you never try then you never know ;)

We might not like it but who knows you will?

Cheers.

Eve,

Hmm ... Last time I took up that suggestion it turned into a nightmare :dumbom: !  Still licking the wound.  May be this time is different ... Yeah right. :idontagree:

Hint: Hanoi is not a place to party :)
If you prefer a quiet life, go to bed before 10, then welcome to Hanoi :)
Cheers ,
Eve

Actually I was there Sept last year.  Hung around old quarter and loved Tay Ho.  But I can imagine visiting for a few days as opposed to living there is completely 2 different things.  Bed by 10pm may not be a bad concept ...  :sleep

There are lots of places to go and hang out,   it closes down early but still some late night places,   what you looking for?