Used bicycles

Any chance anyone knows the best place to find used bicycles in Malta? There's not much in the classifieds ( at least not the ones I found on google ) and until I find the car my wife wants it would be nice to have something to just cruise around on.   She wants something kind of old school with a basket and I'll probably hit a mountain bike of some sort...  We really don't ride much so something new is really not necessary.

maltapark.com has a few available...that seems to be the closest to a craigslist they have here.

I'd be interested if yo find a good source as I'm looking for one too - I have a decent bike in storage in the US but it's not cost effective to ship it over :-(

Tim

yeah shipping is a killer...   I'll definitely let you know what I find.   Thank you /

[Moderated: please post in the classifieds]

Just a few days ago I gave one of mine to a friend, but Maltapark offers a lot, even if the classified is a few weeks old, the bike might still be available - just call.
I also saw in bikeshops (e.g. B'Kara, Paola, Fgura etc.) that they also sell used bicycles - but I don't know the price level.
You can also ask bike-rental companies, since they often sell their stock when getting new models.

Markus

there is a bike rental shop in Bugibba who might have older models for sale - worth a try. eco bikes or something like that i think its called.

If in Gozo, Gozo SPCA often have some for sale

I am selling my two bikes!

They are in a very good shape and have been hardly used. Other priorities took over my cycling training, hence, am selling them.

1. Roadbike Moser 666. Full carbon. Specs: Campagnolo Centaur.

2. Salsa El Gogo. Scandium. Specs: Campagnolo Veloce.

Interested? kindly contact me here.

Thank you!!!

@Hammersfan ... Sorry but where abouts are you, England, Malta ?????????

I noticed you wrote about freight forwarding a bicycle from the United States ( my home country ) and I expect to arrive in LUQA at the end of this month. Please advise if there are any places on the island with services targetted to Americans like stores, grills, etc.

The site you advised of is very disappointing, like most I found there anyway, especially compared to Craigslist but I never seen it before and appreciate you posting it - will continue to search it for future use, improvement, etc.

What about a yearly bicycle rental company similar to what they got here in Spain and I see them with different names obviously, throughout Europe like London, Paris, Germany ...

hammersfan wrote:

maltapark.com has a few available...that seems to be the closest to a craigslist they have here.

I have a decent bike in storage in the US

PEProChef Please advise if there are any places on the island with services targetted to Americans like stores, grills, etc.[/quote wrote:

bear in mind there are somewhat less than a thousand Americans in the whole of Gozo and Malta !

edit - 255 in the 2005 census

PEProChef wrote:

What about a yearly bicycle rental company

cheaper to buy one

@GeorgeinGozo ... Please add one to the roster, beginning December 1. :)

Sorry but was just asking and I expected it when it appears the majority of us only stay within our country, or maybe venture to London, Paris, etc.

georgeingozo wrote:

bear in mind there are somewhat less than a thousand Americans in the whole of Gozo and Malta !

edit - 255 in the 2005 census

I would like to buy Mountain bike.
My tel: 99341534

dobrecevicmilos wrote:

Not many mountains here :)

redmik wrote:
dobrecevicmilos wrote:

Not many mountains here :)

Maghtab Mountain is the most challenging

better you'd buy a Pothole-Bike for Malta :D

hi,
my name is Emmanuel, and i have been looking endlessly for a road bike to stay fit, and I just that u were selling an moser 666, and for how much would you sell it if it is available?

Emmanuel croset wrote:

hi,
my name is Emmanuel, and i have been looking endlessly for a road bike to stay fit, and I just that u were selling an moser 666, and for how much would you sell it if it is available?

You are in South Africa!?!?!?
You are going to pay shipping?????

@me3512Hello!!!

I'm looking for a cheap bike to get around Malta, any information you have please pass it on to me please.

Thank you so much!!!

@Guillermo Conde Delgado

Hello and welcome !

In regards to the above post, the member hasn't been active for the past 4 years.

Please open a new topic on the Malta forum so that active members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed