Monthly living expenses.

Hi everyone ! I have been offered a volunteering position in Dar. They offer me a 550$USD monthly stipend.
Is it enough to survive in Dar ? I have to pay for everything with this stipend.
Thank you all. 😃

That great congratulation so much because am still looking for the volunteering vacancy currently so if you find that they still need another volunteer don't hesitate to notify me soon

First, I think you need a C class permit. Now if your organisation takes care of it, then I think you are safe in DAR. If they provide you an accommodation and food then $550 is enough to survive in Dar.

Hi there

No this is not enough.  The accommodation is pricey.  Ask them to supply the accommodation and your basics and then to give you a 385usd  for personal needs.

That is basic.  Anything less than that you will not survive.

Regards
Jo

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : for your security, please do not put your phone number on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi.
Congratulations.
it's enough for a month even if you have to arrange your own accommodation.
there are people/families who are willing to keep bachelors as a paying guest which cost around $200 to $400 including food, electricity etc....
and its company's responsibility to arrange a temporary work permit for you which may cost around 250$.
Always welcome learning opportunities :)

$550 dollars is a bit on the lower side remwmber for accommodation we pay six to twelve months in advance so you will only be comfortable with that amount if  your accomis covered as wel as your permit.hidden costs like transporr and sound health care can eat into your stipend