Job offer in Tanzania

Hi

My husband has been offered a job in Dar es salam with the following pay package:
1. Overseas saving of USD 1500 per month
2.Local allowance of USD 500 per month
3. Company provided family accommodation and car

We are an Indian family and have a 4 year old  school going child
We are currently based in the Middle East. Is it worth taking up this offer and moving with family to Dar? Could someone please advise?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Welcome to Expat.com deepabv80!;)

Harmonie.

Hi, i'm a tanzanian, with 1500 usd i think its worth taking that opportunity, that is a a high standard salary, u can actually spend 100 usd for food and drinks for a month, 200 usd to 300 rent a house per month, 1000 is a saving you can make, m not sure if you can pay anything else rather then those mentioned above. May be 30 usd for the electricity bill

Hi, I am looking for an opportunity In Tanzania(Dar es Salem). I am 12 yrs of experienced and skilled in SCM,accounting & admin job.Also well versed with computers(Ms Excel,SAP,& ERP packages). Anybody who hears me, Please guide me or help me out to get a job in Tanzania.

Hi ,
Everyone cheers

This is Avijit here

Hi Avijit,

Just to remind you that the topic here is on "cost of living in Dar es Salaam".

@paulsom, try to register yourself on brightermonday.com , there is a search engine once u have registered, and you can look for an open vacancy on three countries, tanzania, kenya and or uganda, so good luck

Thanks Imuzeke

Deep
Cost ofliving in Dar may be 15-20% higher than Bombay(india), so as local expense 500 $ is ok for three persons , but cost of education is very high here. Otherwise Dar Es Salaam is very peaceful for living , good numbers of indian community is living here.

Hi

Good day to very one.

I am from india and got offer from Tanzania in Primefuels (Tanzania) Limited,as a Sr. Operation Manager.  I want to know few details, the details are given below.

1. Who the company ?
2. What is the market salary for Sr. Operation Manager. What is the mimimum  overseas salary we can accept.
3. how much we can negotiate  for local salary.

If any one know the details pls send it my email id [email protected]

Regards

Kumar

hi,
$2000 is not small money but for the family with a kid is not enough especially for non resident, at least $2500, it can be fair for you because the food is not too expensive but there are some coasts like fuel, etc.

Tanzania is very expensive country, $800 is good for local allowance for family of three.

Also education is expensive in tanzania, so plan accordingly...

Hi there
There is no reasons for you to hesitate from coming to work in Dar es Salaam and embracing your package, since Tanzania is among of few places or country where you can work freely just by obey the rules and regulation  that governs the nation  ,in case of your child we do having many local and international schools from kindergartens to Universities, so no worries about that your mostly welcome to the commercial city of Tanzania and to the among of big and old city in Tanzania and East Africa at large.

Hi
It is a good deal.

Just take up the assignment. There is a Indian School in Dar es Salaam managed by the Indian High Commission and CBSE affiliated.

The fee structure is not very expensive. Climate is like mumbai. It has become more safe compared to previous yaers. I stay with my wife and two daughters aged 11 and 13 years.

All groceries available. Many different religion organisations and sanghs like telgu Sangh, Gujarati Samaj, Maharashtra Mandal, Punaji Mandal, etc.

Many temples too.

Anything more, you require do ask me.

Hi,

Remuneration goes with ones CV.  Its is not clear from your query like - what is the position; kind of experience and academic/prof qualification

Regards,

Hi
For sure it depends with what you are being offered there but with all the allowance usd2000 is very substantial in Dar es Salaam.

Hello friends

I got an job offer from METL group. Please help how is the company is it good to work.they are asking me to join ASAP, and confirmed me that they will give me on arrival visa. for which i have to pay 250 usd and it will be reimbursed.

Pls advice on this

Thanks

Hi Keep smiling123

The same situation to me too, What Position you going for, Lets meet over there

yes you can take that job offer....but make sure you get all the documents, which include offer letter mentioning all the benefits as per company rules...also ask about the work permit, resident allowance..and also find out about the company profile....ok...u can add me in facebook, so that i can give you all [email protected]

Hello,
I am being offered US$3500 (net salary). Furnished accommodation, medical, transportation, taxes everything will be paid by the company.
We are a family of 4. Is it enough to shift there with kids?

Hi, I am looking for an opportunity In Tanzania(Dar es Salem). I am 19 yrs of experienced and skilled in Shipping,Port & Logistics job.Also well versed with computers(Ms Excel,packages). Anybody who hears me, Please guide me or help me out to get a job in Tanzania.

Hi,
Depends what standards of living you are used to, and what type of education you desire for your children. School fees range from $7000-$27,000 per year in any reputable school with a proper degree program that can be validated in other countries. Food is about $200 per week , not including going outs for dining. Domestic help is anywhere from $100 per month. Purchasing a vehicle $5000 an up. And I don't know how old your children are, but not every area in Dar is safe and how far the house will be from the school. The $3500 , I dnt know, I will be scared to do with a family.
kind Regards,
Elena

This is Bhaskar having 13 years experience in Tanzanoa as a Manager - Accounts & Finance ? at present I am in India looking for job,  if any vacancies pl let me know, so that I can forward my CV.

Regards
Bhaskar

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the public forum.