Job Offer for Network Engineer Position in MuscatOman (300 OMR Salary)

Hi

I am an Indian and a BSc Computer Science graduate from reputed UK university.
I am working in Pune,India and have 3 years of work experience in Networking and currently got an offer from Oman for 300 Oman Riyals Per mont.
They are offering 300 OMR + Accomodation + Transport + Free Medical+ Visa +30 Days Paid Leave Per annum.
I want to know whether this 300 OMR is enough for living expenses, because i need to save some amount atleast like 200 OMR per month.
Wat about taxes is it taxes deducted from 300 OMR or is it tax free?
Is it ok to switch the job in 6 months in oman itself after going since they told this is 2 years permanent position.
Can i switch job while on there visa..
Please advise..thank u guys.

jvd401,

The answer to your question, in my view is "NO you cannot save OMR 200 from a salary of 300" , unless you choose to live the life of a pauper.

You may like to go through the "cost of living" thread to understand why the answer is NO.

Thanks

P.S : ....and I would NEVER move for such a pittance , when I know my skill-set would hardly get enhanced !

This is a very small salary for engineer.

Hi ,
Ok I understand it is a small salary. But i need to get a start badly, I am unable to find a job overseas..
All i want to know is can i join this job and then switchover later like within an year or so..(my visa will be for 2 years if i join this). I am aware of this OMAN Ban thing if you terminate before 2 years... but I can go to dubai or elsewhere rite.

Not sure what your priorities and compulsions are, you are the best judge .
As I mentioned earlier ....the factual information you have sought is already there ...whether internet or Visa.

You will not only bring a bad name to yourself if you abandon/violate  a contract and try to run away to seek fortune elsewhere .....without being a legal professional , i can tell you ....you seem to be asking for trouble.

Finally, it does not help to open multiple threads on same subject .

Best of luck and may good sense prevail.

jvd401 wrote:

Hi

I am an Indian and a BSc Computer Science graduate from reputed UK university.
I am working in Pune,India and have 3 years of work experience in Networking and currently got an offer from Oman for 300 Oman Riyals Per mont.
They are offering 300 OMR + Accomodation + Transport + Free Medical+ Visa +30 Days Paid Leave Per annum.
I want to know whether this 300 OMR is enough for living expenses, because i need to save some amount atleast like 200 OMR per month.
Wat about taxes is it taxes deducted from 300 OMR or is it tax free?
Is it ok to switch the job in 6 months in oman itself after going since they told this is 2 years permanent position.
Can i switch job while on there visa..
Please advise..thank u guys.

Hi jvd401,

Picture this ... notwithstanding your U.K. degree, your illiterate / semi-literate office driver would get paid more than you !

Secondly, instead of asking some basic questions - questions which have been answered umpteen number of times in the forum before  - why don't you take some effort to read the numerous very informative posts about the rules of shifting jobs, salaries, cost of living, etc ?

Thank You Everyone for the reply...So i decided against this offer after all the reply.
I dont have to underestimate myself and work for such a low wage just for sake of money.

Thank u Expat.com for this wonderful site.

yes dear, you can easily save 200 rial. but i am saying you can save more than this bcoz your monthly food expenses  will not be more than 40 Rial. if you looking to save 200 RO. you can easily save this amt.