Is it a good move to relocate to KL now

Hi Friends, this is the first time am raising my queries in a Forum as while googling for the life style in KL, i got this forum details frequently. Hence writing here by assuming i will get good path.

Ok Lets come to point. Am currently working in Bangalore, India with 9Yrs Exp in IT sector Banking domain as a senior software engineer (Technical programmer). My current package here is 80,000/Mon. Am staying in my own home hence no rent. I have a spouse (Not working) and 1 kid (3yrs) and his school fees is 30k/year. Am paying 52k/mon as EMI towards home loan. So am currently managing my family expense with max. 30k including all. So every month i will be borrowing around 5k-10k from my friends during month end and will give them on 1st every month. This is all about me and my financial background.

Having said above, now i got an offer with a permanent job in KL(Area: Mid Valley City, Lingkaran Syed Putra) with 10K/Mon. Am planning to settle down their with my family and according to my analysis

1. Home Rent (1 bed room apartment with fully secured, EB, Water, etc) = 2000
2. Kid schooling (international school, no malay) = 1500
3. Food (Can cook all days in home without going outside restaurant) = 1000
4. I need to spend for visa for me and dependants from my pocket (its the condition from my office) = 3600 (2 years once for me(2K)+ spouse(800) + kid(800)).
5. Medical insurance (i will be covered by my office as my offer is similar to a local resource offer which means the company will treat me as a local resource and not like a foreign resource) so am still not sure whether my family will also be covered by office. If not, how much for medical coverage for spouse + kid = ??? .
6. Tax = 26% So 2600/Month. (i will definitely stay more than 182 days / year, so am not sure how much i will get refund on my tax).

Total = 10000-2000-1500-1000-2600= 2900 (which is around 50K that i can pay my EMI).

My situation is like since i have family problems here (asusual for every married), there is no peaceful life. So my expectation is i dont need to save anything after going to KL (similar to india). I just need to live a good average life there. Is my all the above analysis are correct or did i missing here anything.

Please suggest me your opinion friends. Am totally in a dilema. As i already said, i dont want to save any money, and this relocation am planning for my family peace and my only thing expected here is to know whether i can like my life there with family for 10k/mon as illustrated above. Whether my analysis or correct ?

Hi 10k gross means a lot less after tax.

School will cost more than 1500 even at a cheap school. Its all the extras. And consider at that cheap rate tou get nothing but a baby sitting service.

Nearly everyone who budgets spends  a lot more that they think.

Low value of RM will inport inflation already very high. School fees go up 10 to 15% per year for example.

2k rent is not a lot but does depend where. Transport fees are high in kl.

So it would be possible to live but save? Not after a bout of Typhoid/dengue or coughing your kids lungs up in this haze. That would wipe you out. Medical insurance here usually doesnt cover family well.

Hai  even you can stay in subangjaya usj -46730  its quiet good place and peaceful place rent will be charged around 1500 double storey house even you can share with yours friends  and you can use bus and train facilities available .this is not a crowd place  and residential areas

Surprised that the company is making you pay for your visas. Id be concerned with that itself.

International schooling (grade 1) will begin at age 6. Until then, pre schooling would be about 600-1000. Grade 1 would be roughly 2000.

Normally medical insurance for family is covered but since ur company is asking you to pay for visas, you should check on this too.

Considering your current financial situation in india (home loan, etc), i would recommend u stay in india.

I second Carlyle on this. Stay in India please. I just moved from Bangalore to KL, and trust me, things are not rosy here. You may well find the peace elusive.

There are so many additional costs that trying to project a true budget is very difficult and always in the end much higher. As others have suggested, the company that doesn't offer to pay for the visa is a point you must re negotiate with them. Donot accept the position unless they pay for all visa costs. RM has very low value at this time. Constant smog from Indonesia is an ongoing problem and will cause massive health problems and much less healthy life.
I know it can be difficult family life for you presently in Bangalore but stay there until a better opportunity comes your way.

Hi,

Its a dream if u can spend 1500 a month on international school..most of the people here that can send their son/daughter to international schools are vip, politician and business in large scale..fee for international school definitely higher than 1500..but 10k salary is quite high..u can cuts out ur spending for home, food and etc.

Hi
IKHWAN

but 10k salary is quite high..u can cuts out ur spending for home, food and etc.
moving to KL in Jan 16 will be happy if u can elobrate on this .... i have a son  grade 6 looking for indian school...
pls reply