New members of Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Hi Laura,

You can browse through JOBS section for any available vacancies.

For tips, here is a general guideline

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … -else.html

Good luck
Z

Meriem Bendahmane wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm Meriem from Morocco. Trying to find a job in advertising/marketing to move to Istanbul.
I'll be glad to get some experiences of living in turkey , and it will help if you can share some offers, job seekers or websites.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi,

Thank you for your response :)

No problem,

Enjoy the day
Z

Meriem Bendahmane wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your response :)

i m living in  sultanahmet area near the  blue  mosque  i  can  show  u  the area  you are  welcome

Hi,

İ am Girayhan, last year i was manila, now i am working in istanbul, i hope to meet professional people for develop my self.

hi Guys! just new here
want to have some friends from turkey,,.
and by the way anyone here familiar with Cafe Des Cafes in Ankara?
Thanks. :)

Hi! are you a Filipino by the way?

Hi ! im Filipina as well , so how's ur life in Turkey? im trying to look for any direct Job that I can have as well

Hi my name is Hamid and I am from Uzbekistan. I am living in Turkey now and I would like to find a new friends. Cheers :)

Hi Hessa

This is an article on life in Turkey
https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … urkey.html

You should also read news and current affairs to get a better idea about life in Turkey.

You may want to check JOBS section for posted vacancies.

Good luck
Z

hessa08 wrote:

Hi ! im Filipina as well , so how's ur life in Turkey? im trying to look for any direct Job that I can have as well

Ciao!
I am Luca from Milan, Italy, in Istanbul since end of september for work
Living in the anatolian side of the city, I really miss doing sports  :sosad:
anyone can help? ;)

cheers

Ciao Luca,

Istanbul is filled with sports centers and stadiums. And the locals are loco about soccer too, so its surprising you are having trouble in sports. What is teh specific problem that you are facing?

Z

lucagiovannirossi wrote:

Ciao!
I am Luca from Milan, Italy, in Istanbul since end of september for work
Living in the anatolian side of the city, I really miss doing sports  :sosad:
anyone can help? ;)

cheers

Hi  are some website can be useful for leaning arabic
http://learn.arabiconline.eu/entry-level-arabic/http://www.madinaharabic.com/
iyi dersler

Thank you for your reply
I've noticed that here people are crazy about football, even more than in Italy, and this is nice👍
Here are my issues:
- I played volleyball in Italy..but here it looks like good male volleyball is not practised (at least this is the reply I got when I asked someone about it..can you confirm?).
- football can be good as well for me, but yet I haven't met someone who needs a player. In Italy for example we have a social network for this stuff (called Fubles. If your friends are lazy you can find hundreds of matches planned by strangers looking for some players..is there something like this in this city?)

Additional problem is that I spend too much time in the office but that's another story

Cheers
Luca

Lucas,
I think your best shot will be to go to the local sports clubs/stadiums and get in touch with players themselves. One factor that is a downer on online search is the language since people don't speak English here that frequently. So it would be best of you go to your local sports club physically and talk to players. There is Fenerbahce stadium/club on Asian side that I know of in Kadikoy. You can search one in the area you are residing in. Since you work at the office, you will still have time to check them out on weekends,

Good luck
Z

lucagiovannirossi wrote:

Thank you for your reply
I've noticed that here people are crazy about football, even more than in Italy, and this is nice👍
Here are my issues:
- I played volleyball in Italy..but here it looks like good male volleyball is not practised (at least this is the reply I got when I asked someone about it..can you confirm?).
- football can be good as well for me, but yet I haven't met someone who needs a player. In Italy for example we have a social network for this stuff (called Fubles. If your friends are lazy you can find hundreds of matches planned by strangers looking for some players..is there something like this in this city?)

Additional problem is that I spend too much time in the office but that's another story

Cheers
Luca

actually i am a turk

where can i find the job section

Great introduction Zairul

The JOBS section is on the top green menu bar

Z

zairul wrote:

where can i find the job section

thanzz my fren :D

No prob

zairul wrote:

thanzz my fren :D

Hi, This is Ahmad from VA, USA.
I have been invited for an interview at the  Antalya International University. I have a few questions :
- What is the salary range for Asst. Professor at this university (business school) ?
- Is there any international school for kids(7 years old) in Antalya?
Thank you for your help.
-Ahmad

Salam & Hello to everyone,

I'm Batool from Pakistan. I'm searching jobs in turkey for so long but it seems like language is the major barrier coz in every vacany speaking turkish is mandatory that's y I'm also searching for HR recruiters  :(
and pls is there anyone who could suggest me from where i could learn Turkish easily, any website?

Thanks

Hi welcome to turkey

Hi Ahmad,

Please browse through Antalya forum. I think you will find the answers there already. In case you dont find the solution, please feel free to post in the said section again.
Good luck
Z

GhufranAhmad wrote:

Hi, This is Ahmad from VA, USA.
I have been invited for an interview at the  Antalya International University. I have a few questions :
- What is the salary range for Asst. Professor at this university (business school) ?
- Is there any international school for kids(7 years old) in Antalya?
Thank you for your help.
-Ahmad

hello i am a Cameroonian lady 32 years old looking for housemaid  and or house keeping job in turkey.i am fluent in english and french.any help will be well appreciated

Hi Batool,

Turkish can be a bit complex structure-wise for Urdu speaking people. The best way to learn the language is to enroll in a university and get proper education.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Z

Batool Khan wrote:

Salam & Hello to everyone,

I'm Batool from Pakistan. I'm searching jobs in turkey for so long but it seems like language is the major barrier coz in every vacany speaking turkish is mandatory that's y I'm also searching for HR recruiters  :(
and pls is there anyone who could suggest me from where i could learn Turkish easily, any website?

Thanks

I m not in Turkey  :(  but really want to come right now searching for a job

Well, coming 'right now' would only be possible if you get a job. Have you also been reading any news on Turkish economy, influx of Syrian refugees and its effects on job market and the unemployment rate in Turkey?

Batool Khan wrote:

I m not in Turkey  :(  but really want to come right now searching for a job

Hi,

The JOBS section is reserved for vacancies.

Z

manwiemildred wrote:

hello i am a Cameroonian lady 32 years old looking for housemaid  and or house keeping job in turkey.i am fluent in english and french.any help will be well appreciated

no... so u mean its near to impossible to get a job over ther :(

Thanx a lot Z :)

That will be putting it lightly. If one is eager to leave the home town and country, one should have complete knowledge about the country and their chances of survival.

Batool Khan wrote:

no... so u mean its near to impossible to get a job over ther :(

No problem. Glad I could be of help.

Batool Khan wrote:

Thanx a lot Z :)

Hi
My name is Berry I am here to stay. I love the weather.
I live in Konyaalti  Antalya.
I Am Iranian American and lived in Los angeles for 10 years.

Salaam, Batool. Xeeschan makes a valid point. You seem to be pretty fluent in English. Perhaps it's best to seek a job with an English/American, etc., firm based or branched in the country; or an English teaching position, if you are certified. I have friends from NYC that have relocated here to teach English and were inept with Turkish. They earned fairly well, too.

What are your qualifications?

w SALAM marccanthy,

Thanx a lot, yes I can speak English well but issue is I dont ve any certification which is required for teaching English in Turkey. Can u suggest me what kind of certification is required?

lucagiovannirossi: you can find a 1/2 dozen MMA gyms, if it peaks your interest. There is one in particular I have been to during one of my visits. If interested, please inform.

Not certain, but I will reach out to those that have held the positions and get you the answer. Have you considered jobs in the hospitality sector? I would assume hotels would be seeking those proficient in English.

Hi ,
Keeping in mind that getting a job as an English teacher would be very easy for 'native' English speakers, Somehow realistically, as a non native English speaker, it would be nearly impossible to get a job as an English teacher. A large majority of the foreign English teachers in Istanbul are strictly British/American (as Marccanthy mentioned his friends from NYC) and sporadically Europeans.

As far as hospitality sector goes, it is rife with unemployment. And then again, almost all hotels that require English speaking staff prefer to take in native speakers. But more often than not, hospitality sector always requires knowledge of local language, Turkish in this case.

Just a ground reality check. 
Z

Batool Khan wrote:

w SALAM marccanthy,

Thanx a lot, yes I can speak English well but issue is I dont ve any certification which is required for teaching English in Turkey. Can u suggest me what kind of certification is required?

Am also Augustine and will be happy to meet u thr in turkey

Closed