New members of Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Romania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Romania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Romania forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hello all -

I'm trying to move to Brasov. I came for a few months this year and fell in love (with the city and with a special someone). I'm getting together documents now in order to apply for a long term visa, but I'm finding the process very confusing. The online visa system will not allow me (USA citizen) to apply for a long term visa. So, I'm stuck. If anyone has navigated this process recently and can help me out, I'd be much obliged. I was thinking of applying under "other reasons not against the law" but if there's a better option....(and no, I will not be getting married for a visa lol).

Hopefully, I will be moving within the next few months if I can get the visa situation worked out. I plan on taking Romanian language courses and maybe volunteering? Or maybe I'll try and find some part time work? I have very specialized skills, so I hope that won't be too hard. Any ideas from Brasov expats?  :)

-Mags

Hi,

I'm from Libia planning to move to Romania..... Starting with Bucharest....

Obtaing visa is the first concern.... and I dont know what else.

I will get the visa then fly to  Bucharest. thats all I can do know...

If any have advices plz share

Kind  regards

QD

Hi qdesigner - out of curiosity, is there a reason you are choosing to move to Bucharest? I like the big city and all, but don't limit yourself because there are many lovely towns in Romania where you can settle.

Hi i am also applying for a long term visa.Except i am married, but we got married in the states and we need to legalize it in Romania ,  . But the best way is if you guys have been together for a 6month period you can try to sign an affidavit to say that you are in a long term relationship and that you may think of marrying in a long run,get it signed at the public notary of Romania.
From my research you can apply for a 90day visa ,i have done it before ,but if you want it for longer it will be an extension and paper work is involved. Yoiu will then apply for class D with extension look on the Romanian site.
The  other option would be to call the embassy and ask them for advise.

Alencia123 wrote:

Hi i am also applying for a long term visa.Except i am married, but we got married in the states and we need to legalize it in Romania ,  . But the best way is if you guys have been together for a 6month period you can try to sign an affidavit to say that you are in a long term relationship and that you may think of marrying in a long run,get it signed at the public notary of Romania.
From my research you can apply for a 90day visa ,i have done it before ,but if you want it for longer it will be an extension and paper work is involved. Yoiu will then apply for class D with extension look on the Romanian site.
The  other option would be to call the embassy and ask them for advise.

:offtopic:

Hi all and welcome,

Let's please remember that the purpose of this topic is for members to introduce themselves.  Kindly refrain from discussion/questions here and find an appropriate topic or start another topic that addresses your concerns.

Thanks everyone for cooperating.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

so sorry ...i am 27 years ,from South Africa ,coming to stay in Romania and trying to obtain a long stay visa (in process)Am married to a Romanian Citizen as we met working on the cruise ships.We have been married for almost a year now. I have joined this blog in order to meet more people ,so we can discuss life there and how to develop with change.I have had the opportunity to visit for 2 months and loved the country and its sites.looking forward to learning more.

Possibly moving to Bucharest in May. I'm British so no visa issues for either me or my non-Eu wife. Should know by the end of this year if the move goes ahead.

Will be nice to get back to Europe after nearly 10 years in asia and the middle east.

magnolia15 wrote:

Hi qdesigner - out of curiosity, is there a reason you are choosing to move to Bucharest? I like the big city and all, but don't limit yourself because there are many lovely towns in Romania where you can settle.

Bucharest as a start point.....

then maybe Cluj....

Hi I'm Tariq soon to be ex airline pilot..as am about to move into another direction:)) and thinking of moving to Romania with my Romanian wife .. I hope we can chat soon as I'm about to get ready for work .. Have a nice day all

Hi ,

I am Varun Krishna from Bangalore,India.

I have completed my Bachelor's in Commerce and finished my AFP Certification in Investment Planning,Retirement Planning, Risk Management & Insurance Planning.I am currently pursuing my Tax Planning Module and aim at completing my CFP by the end of this year under FPSB India.I also have 5+ years of work experience with a Global Custodian Bank; handling Fund Accounting & Portfolio Accounting. I currently work as a Financial Planner.

Over the years I have gained knowledge and experience in handling portfolio and portfolio related activities.This includes portfolio Accounting, Performance measurement, creating a portfolio,reconciliation, asset allocation, portfolio analysis and review,various investment products like Mutual Funds, Stocks,Real Estate,Insurances (Life and General) etc.

I would like to understand or gain more information on the job scope for CFPs in Romania.

Regards,

Hi
I am Vik from Mauritius  currently in Bucharest working until 29th Nov 2015. I wish to know and meet more expats to mingle with and share some views on many things

Hi for all,

I'm romanian and should soon to relocate in othe country.
So I try to make some friends.

Regards,
Stefan

Hello everyone,

I'm from India and I've moved to Iasi as a medicine student at UMF Iasi.
Fell in love with the country at first sight, and I'm loving Iasi even for the single day I've been here yet.
I'm looking around for accommodation and then i need to obtain a resident visa but I'm determined to continue in this city!
Looking forward to knowing more expats!

Hello all!

Although I'm not a new member... I've been quietly hovering on the blog for a little while but didn't introduce myself! I've just made the big move to Romania and the timing seems right now!

I'm Kate, I'm 22 and just moved from Dorset, England, to a village near hateg, hunedoara after visiting many times in the past couple of years. I'm doing my PhD partially based on the dinosaurs in the Hateg Geopark. I live with my fiancé  (romanian - a good thing too as I'm still trying to pick up the language and no one around here seems speaks a word of English!).

I'd love to meet any English or English speaking people who live in the area or in cluj/sibiu to help adjust. I'm desperately missing those who understand the British sense of humour in particular!

Kate

You're based on based on dinosaurs?

Apart from the ride being really bumpy, you've made a discovery that makes finding living coelacanths look as common as finding a housefly in your soup.

Your PhD is secure.

Hi all,

I'm a Guyanese American in Bucharest with my Romanian husband and two fur babies. We're opening our own wedding and Photo Booth business and I'm going to blog it all. We had a great summer flying over via Paris then road tripping to Bucharest and we're hoping to settle in and end the rest of the year on a high note. I'd love to meet some American friends and share experiences and maybe even learn some Romanian together.

Hope everyone gets to eat a little turkey this Thursday :)

Samantha Petcu

Hello Samantha,
I am also an American living in Bucharest.  I have a Romanian wife and two fur babies as well.    I am in the area of the Drumul Taberei Park.  There is a dog park here that is a nice place to let them run around.  If you are nearby I am free most of the time to hang out with the dogs.  I hear Herestrau Park has a dog park as well.  If that is easier for you.  contact me here **

Hope your move is going smoothly,

Christopher

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please share personal contact infos only in private

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553911

Thanks! 

Closed