New members of Canada forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Canada forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Canada if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Canada forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

:)  Thank you very much for your warm welcome and  I m very glad to introduce myself in this forum.
I am Anuradha from India, trying hardly to move to Canada with family. In particular, seeking pre- med admission to my daughter.I am working as a teacher, so hardly trying for a teaching job in Toronto, or from any place. without a job offer letter from a Canadian employer, my immigration process is impossible. at the same time, getting a teaching job in Canada from India is also seems impossible. 
      My destination is Canada. If anyone here suggest me the the way to get into Canada, it ll be very helpful to me. Thanks a lot and i m looking forward your valuable suggestions and guidance.

hi

my name is cherif and i am interested to go and live in Canada with my family but the thing i have no idea about canada cities and towns like where i should stay.

i have 2 young daughters who i wish to send them in English public school and am looking for nice small town but not that isolated. i mean it should include hospital and good schools.

if you could please share with me your experience and opinion i would appreciated

thank you in advance.

Hi everyone, I'm Yomi. I just applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland for a postgraduate programme. I will like to meet people from there and need some information from them also. Thanks

Hello Everyone,

Hope all of are in good health. My name is Ravin and from Malaysia. Looking forward to make a move to Canada soon and collecting details and hoping this lovely community could advise and give tips on making my move easier.

I should have moved to Canada in 1992 together with my 2 Singaporean friends but it did not happen and now I have lost touch with them and really hoping to find them.

Warm regards,

Ravin

Hi I'm Rajan from Malaysia. I've been working offshore vessel and looking forward to work in Canada (any location). I have a family with 2 kids which is a boy 15 and a girl 12 .  I'm a skilled and competent electrician certified by Energy Commission of Malaysia. My wife is a Cake and Pastry Chef . Willing to work anywhere in Canada.
Give me a clue to get job there. I'm looking forward to move my whole family there.

I a currently in Nigeria but planning to relocate to Canada.

Hello,

My name is Maria I am looking to
Emigrate to Canada from the uk with my partner, we are both looking at the working holiday visa?

My brother is currently studying in Canada who has advised me that there is a shortage of people to work and Canada is somewhat laxing the admissions to invite people into the country?

What is the best option to apply and what is the time frame?

Many thanks

Maria

Hi there everyone!

I'm Melissa, from Finland, and I'll be living in Canada for a year before moving to Ireland. So far I've stayed in Québec for 4 months, and I'm really loving it here. It's a great place to practice French. :) I work as an analyst in a videogame company.

Immigrating to Canada was a huge and painful process. I had to fill 8 forms, provide 12 attachments and wait, wait, wait. They really haven't made it easy, but it's definitely worth it. Hopefully all of you will eventually get to enjoy Canada, good luck with your immigration process!

Hi there every one =)

Thank you for making me feel welcome in here !

My name is Ghazoua and  I am looking to emigrate to Canada from Tunisia .

What is the best option to apply, papers to run..and what is the time frame?

Thank you in advence =)

Best regards.

Hi, and welcome!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the first step would be to apply for a temporary recidence/work permit. In my case the time frame for that was roughly 5 months, but I guess it can be even longer, since normally your're supposed to have an employer waiting for you in Canada. Later on it's possible to apply for a permanent recidence, my German flatmate is in that process right now, and she told me it'll take up to 1,5 years during which she's not allowed to study in Canada.

Thenk you a lot dear Molluka for your answer !

I will go for my shot and let you know what happens with me =)

Best regards .

yomgann wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm Yomi. I just applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland for a postgraduate programme. I will like to meet people from there and need some information from them also. Thanks

I am currently studying in MUN for a bachelor's degree! what program did you apply for? :)

Hello friends I would like to hear from people who reside in Canada ,how is life in general for African Immigrants,especially on trucking field.

Hi,

My name is Mark, born in Belgium. I moved to Toronto last summer because my girlfriend has a job here.
I have a strong mathematical background with excellent analytical skills and I am experienced in quality assurance and consulting for the insurance industry.

Currently looking for a challenge in Toronto. Advice/networking/links to interesting opportunities are always welcome.

Best regards,
Mark

just to let you all know, I and my family are Canadian and living in Winnipeg.  We are considering moving to warmer climes as we are fed up with winter.
At this time we are doing preliminary research on places like Belize, Corozal District, Aruba and Mexico, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
It seems to be very difficult to get answers on anything about these places from people who actually have moved there.
I would like to correspond with Canadians who have moved to Belize, Aruba and Mexico to discuss topics such as purchasing property, taxation and hidden costs.

My Name is Karl J. Larson and can be e-mailed at   [email protected]   any and all responses would be greatly appreciated

All the best

Karl

Hi,
I am Wael from Egypt and now living in United Arab of Emirates since 2007
I am working as an Associate Video Producer and Graphic Animator. with 19 years of work experience.
I am 44 years old. Married and have 3 kids.(12, 10 and 6 years old)

I am planning for an immigration to Canada through Manitoba - Winnipeg. but I only need someone to sponsored me.

My financial situation is quite good.

Looking for your support.

Many Thanks.

Hi guys, I'm Eldy, currently working here in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, and moving to VAncouver on 2nd week of Feb 2016 as an immigrant...I need friends in nearby area....feel free to message me...

Hi!!
My name is Fernanda, I recently moved yo london Ontario.
I'm graphic designer :) looking for a job
I want to make some new friends around my age, to get out or play videogames xD
I have 26 years old

Hello every one. My names are Chanseline Arrey Am from Africa Cameroon. Well I don't have a better job here so I will love to move to Canda for a better life, can someone help me pls. Thanks

Hello everyone,
My name is Walid Tawfik, I am Egyptian  Professor, in laser spectroscopy working these days Saudi Arabia university.
Five years ago, I was expat at South  Korea for almost two years so I may help anyone about Seoul.
These days, I am planing to move to Winnipeg with my family if possible. To do so, 1- first of all I need to find a good position in any university or research center in  Winnipeg. I already tried but failed. 2- Secondly, I want to apply official for immigration  to Manitoba (Winnipeg).
I will be happy if any of you can help me in 1 and/or 2 and about the life style and costs in Winnipeg.

Best Regards

Walid

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone, My name is Roshan and i am from Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.I am an event manager
/coordinator by profession.My wife and i are very interested to migrate to Canada and i hope to get some insights from here and also make new acquaintance whom i can reach out to for more info

Cheers..

Hello everyone, I am Patty. Want to move to Winnipeg with in six months :D . I have an associates degree in criminal Justice. I am planning on studying law. I would just need a job to come over. Can someone please assist me in helping me find a job

Hi to All,

I'm Bahar and a newcomer,had work experience in web development and currently looking for a voluntary position prefer by related to IT :)

p.s: Canada is not that cold as I expected or shall I wait till winter? :D

Hi Bahar, welcome to expat-blog. Which part of Canada are you in? One place that could use your help in volunteer work are immigration assistance centers. Over here in Halifax, NS, you can volunteer with ISANS Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia  

Hi Philip,
Thanks for the reply,unfortunately I dont reside there I'm in Toronto

Thank you for your cooperation my name is girma moges am from ethiopia,addis ababa. am graduated from hawassa university in hotel management am eager to join in hospitality industry in canada.

B.Quinn wrote:

Hi Philip,
Thanks for the reply,unfortunately I dont reside there I'm in Toronto

Look for the same or equivalent in Toronto.

Hi!  New to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself!  I am from Texas (the Dallas/Ft. Worth area) and just found out today that we will be relocating to Calgary around the end of the year!  I'm equally nervous and excited about the move. :)

How do you like it so far?

Hi friends am Barbara from Kenya and I want to go and work in canada i lost my job the last two months this year and I want to work as a waitress i need help from anyone who reads this if you can please reply to me and thanks to you all. Yours in regards Barbara.

Hello dear. my name is Harpreet Singh.i am student of global collage in cyprus.i have exprince latter for electrical work in indian. I have diploma houspatilty managment  in Singapore. Our dream is job in Canada.

Hi everyone, am very glad for much welcome to a new forum am Barbara from Nairobi am looking forward to go to Canada      i have a experience of one year working as hotel server and i lost my job because i had lost my passport but know i have it, and i want to go to work in canada if you can help and willing to sponsor and not only this job if i can see another which is interesting I can do,  i will be thankful. Yours barbara njoki.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Muia Barbara, you should drop an advert in the appropriate section of the website : Jobs in Canada

All the best,
Bhavna

hello guys,my name is Chipo Yolander ,l am a Zimbabwean and l have never been to Canada.l have a high school diploma ,Elementary Childcare Development certificate and a first aid certificate .l have been working as a nursery teacher for the past 3 years and l have experience.l would like to relocate to Canada and l am looking for someone who can help me please,its hard to earn a living in Zim now as the economy is hard ,sometimes you don't get paid and l have bills to pay l have a 3 year old daughter and l am married but life is not easy in Zim now to be honest

Hello Everyone!

I am from Singapore currently in Calgary, Canada for a one year work and travel visa. I really love Canada because it has space and a wider opportunity for many things! I do miss speaking singlish and Singaporean food! So any Singaporeans out there who is feeling the same way, contact me! We can organize something:) Looking into possibly getting a permanent residence here.

Good Morning everyone. My name is Ryno Brand from Bloemfontein, South Africa. I am currently working as a Military Security Officer (Captain), and is ten years in the Defence Force. I would really really like to emigrate to Toronto to get away from my current situation. I am a very hard worker, team player and a people's person. I have all the relevant courses behind my name including military security, battlefield surveillance and tactical questioning. Also completed First Aid Level 2 and Arabic Level 2 (Arabic Level 2 completed through National Department of Foreign Affairs). Enjoy your day and thank you for reading!!!

Hi All,

And thank you very much for the warm welcome from the somewhat overcast shores of Cape Town, South Africa.

I am a 28year old single "professional", living and working in Cape Town.
My occupation by trade is Marketing and Branding Practitioner for the last 5years..
However in my current organisation I have experience in Project Management, Training, Coaching and Team Leadership.

As most South Africans know, you need to be a Jack of all trades in most SME companies.

I am however very eager to move abroad and improve my current competencies.

I am very interested in Canada for its working environment and social acceptance.

I would serious need some information as to next steps to seeing this dream come to life.

If anyone can afford me the opportunity to simply lead me in the correct direction, would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Eloise

Hello,
am Mathias from Tanzania, am looking forward to go and live in Canada. i wish to get a job there and live there.

Hi Members,

My name is Alimachon Walter, a Ugandan living in Kampala City, Uganda. I am a Banker with  with satnbic Bank Uganda and accountant by Proffession.

Closed