Considering moving to Patong .........!!

would love to here from ex pats, living in Patong looking for general feedback and tips on moving there.
Thanks Suzanne,

Hello Suzanne, welcome to Expat.com :)

I hope active members will soon react to your message.

Have a nice day further
Arlette

Thankyou Arlette, you have a nice day too.
Suzanne,

What`sx the reason of moving to Patong? Except if ypou have a business there and it`s convenient for your business, Patong is a messy place that stinks. All the girly bars are there, prostitution, idiot and drunk tourists and foreigners looking after these poor young girls, loud and noise till early morning, dirty beach and sea, crazy taxi drivers and busy traffic... If these reasons are not enough to let you change your mind, than you must have some problems...
If you own a business in Patong, than most of business owners live in the nearby Kamala or Kalim, much better choices.
If you are looking for a paradise place to live, but still close to many amenities, than you should consider Nai Harn or Rawai. For a more upscale area, many live in Bangtao or Surin area. Safety tips: when you rent a house, be sure all windows have iron protection bars and I suggest you don`t take a house in a very isolated street. Safety start to be an important issue for local residents, with crisis many locals started illegal activities as they lost their job. But i think this place is still worth to move for a while. You are a female, join the Chicky Net community, it`s a social network for female only living in Phuket and all over Thailand. It`s very good, my gf found many useful tips on it and good friends. Good luck and hopefully see you in Phuket!
Cheers,
Alessandro

I just posted a link to Chicky Net on my blog.  What a cool idea!

Art