Follow all our news on Facebook!

Living in Phuket on an Australian disability pension

Hello to all ,  I am looking for advice from any one who is living in Phuket and receiving an Australian DSP, on what requirements have to be met to enable them to live there whilst still receiving the dsp.
I have been told so many different things from Centrelink that I am at a loss as to what information I can trust.
I have been planning a 12 month stay in Nai Harn , have a permanent disability that disqualifies me from employment and although I have funds for the move, I would still be reliant on the pension for living expenses.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

You need to see Centrelink about getting Indefinite Portability of the DSP, they have a few hoops for you to jump through first.
If not you're only entitled to 4 weeks a year away paid but you can get up to another 13 weeks unpaid before you lose the pension and have to reapply.
Check this out.

Thanks so much . I spoke to Centrelink today and they are sending me the paperwork for portability of payment

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Phuket

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Phuket

Moving to Phuket

Find tips from professionals about moving to Phuket

International Wealth Management in Phuket

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs in Phuket

Travel insurance in Phuket

Enjoy stress-free travel to Phuket

Flights to Phuket

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Phuket