What kind of VISA for a small entrepreneur ?

Hello,

I'll be in Vietnam for one to two years with a work permit visa, but my Gf who's French wants to open her own street food cart and work in the street.

What kind of Visa would she needs ?

If we plan to make her company a startup, I've got vietnamese relative who can be her partner for the 51 per cent vietnamese ownership rule.

For a small entrepreneur is it possible to get a work permit too ?

How long does she plan to spend in Vietnam? She won't be able to get a work permit from operating a street food cart. She also needs sufficient financial capacity to open up a company.

Options are:

1)  she comes on a tourist visa and does the usual visa extensions like many other expats
2)  she is employed by a company under a labour contract, and obtains a work permit then TRC
3)  she becomes an investor of a company

Or marry a Vietnamese national...oh wait she's already married to you..😁

saigonlolo wrote:

How long does she plan to spend in Vietnam? She won't be able to get a work permit from operating a street food cart. She also needs sufficient financial capacity to open up a company.

Options are:

1)  she comes on a tourist visa and does the usual visa extensions like many other expats
2)  she is employed by a company under a labour contract, and obtains a work permit then TRC
3)  she becomes an investor of a company

Come in on a DN or LD visa, ( business ), you can't change a Tourist Visa in country, ( to get a work permit ).
She can start her own LLC, ( one or 2 person limited Liability Company ), then she needs to get a letter of EXEMPTION from a work permit, then apply for TRC.( 5 yrs ). You may even be able to do this from a DL, ( tourist Visa ) It's probably one of these things that hasn't been done here yet, ( or no one knows of anyone who has done it?? ). It's going to be many headaches no matter which way you go.