Moving to Mumbai

hello,
I am about to move to Mumbai.
Can anyone advise me of places to stay/live . My new office,  I am informed will be located in Palm Beach roads in sector 17 in Navi Mumbai.
Going to go with an open mind despite many ugly stories. Hope to get some wise tips.
all advice will be welcome..
thanks
philip

Welcome
Navi mumbai or New Mumbai is a well planned and organised part of mumbai
It is relatively neat and clean. Palm beach roads is near vashi which is like the financial hub of navi mumbai.
It has lots of malls, very good hotels and residential areas. And mumbai is famous for night life in india. Dont worry much u will love your stay and get used to the fast paced city of mumbai.

hello here,
thank you for your information.
Any tip on renting an apartment and cost of living. Is crime rate high in Navi Mumbai.
Presume English is commonly used in the street.

philip

i2consult wrote:

hello here,
thank you for your information.
Any tip on renting an apartment and cost of living. Is crime rate high in Navi Mumbai.
Presume English is commonly used in the street.

philip

Vashi and areas around palm beach road are really nice and clean. Renting will not be a problem, you will get as per your requirement and budget and near to your office. Crime rate is not very high in Mumbai as mostly it is the working class of people staying there.
And yes, most of the people will be able to communicate in English, even though it will be not that good for you to understand.

Cheers !!

hello again,
Thanks for the information. Would be a great experience to live and work in Mumbai.
I see you are working in Riyadh. I was offered a role in Jeddah but declined and picked  Mumbai instead.
hope it is the right choice.
stay in touch ..philip

Hello.. I've been to that area and it's as nice as Mumbai gets.. the crowd is very corporate .. it's secure.. lots of housing places hire security as well.. but even without that it's pretty safe.. Cost of living in Mumbai is generally high, even higher for a foreigner... so, you just have to brace yourself for that :)
About the English... you shouldn't have much of a problem..

I've been in Mumbai for almost 8 months now.  We first lived in Navi Mumbai and now live in Powai.  Having lived in both areas I highly recommend Powai if that is an option for you.  Powai has many expats and western restaurants, it is also beautiful with many trees, parks etc.  Most companies move their employees to Powai.

Best wishes in your decision.

Hey Philip,

Mumbai is a much happening place then Pune...you will surely have a ball time...all the best!

hello there,

thank you for your information. Powai seems quite far from Palm Beach road area. What is the traffic like? I can imagine the delay and frustration sitting in traffic. I think I will stay near or in Vashi to start.  Can one cycle along the road in Vashi area in Mumbai ??

hope to hear.philip

appreciated your information.
Might take too long by car from Powai to get to the office located at sector 17 in Palm Beach road in Navi mumbai.
Is cycling do-able?

philip

I would not recommend cycling in Mumbai, traffic is significant and dangerous.

thank you for your information. good advice.

I was working in Hanoi 4 years ago and I found that as pedestrian it is very likely to be knocked down by a motor cyclist or car. However as a rider on a motor bike that likelihood decreases significantly.  Guess it is not the same in Mumbai.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : no free advertising pls + post in the housing section pls

Hey there Phillip,

Hope u enjoying ur stay. Drop me a line in case u need anything. Stay blessed !!

Hi
Let me know when you will be coming to Mumbai. I can help you get a nice apartment in Palm Beach or powai.

Email me: anisastry85@gmail

Dear Blogger,
You may PM for getting active assistance as I assist Expats.Do you speak Spanish by any chance? I am learning the language.
Best
Art