13 Reasons for Mumbai to be one of the most amazing citiy in the World

1. It takes one ride in a Mumbai local to figure out the citys geography.

If youve got the time and an appetite for exploration, then you can probably figure out this city in a matter of days. And if you lose your way just look around, your fellow passengers will go out of the way to guide you.

2. Mumbai is a melting pot of uncanny aspirations.

Whether you want to become an Amitabh Bachchan or an Ambani , Mumbai caters for all your ambitions and eccentricities.

3. When in doubt, you can always turn towards the sea.

Whether it's Marine drive or the Worli-Sea Face, nothing calms down frayed nerves better than the soothing sea breeze.

4. In a place where money is the greatest religion, there is little room for communal hostility.

Mumbai has seen its share of communal tension. But as a city where dreams of fame, money and glory find a home in almost every mind, it has only come out stronger and braver

5. It is safer for the fairer sex.

Even though recent events have brought this into question, Mumbai remains one of the few cities in India where women dont have to look behind their backs every 5 minutes. Even today I can hire an autorikshaw at 12:30 am to go back home after my Events.

6. If you're not from Mumbai, youll soon realize that in this city, you'll never eat your fill and never be hungry enough to starve.

When youre chasing after your dreams, you tend to forget food and drink. But when you do remember, theres always Vada Pavs ( also known as Indian Burger ) and Misal Pavs (speciality of Bombay )

7. Its short on space but it has a giant heart.

It takes one trip to Mumbais suburbs to learn the meaning of the saying, "Ghar bada nahi hai toh kya hua? Dil toh bada hai ".( Doesn't matter if we don't have spacious apartment, we have generous heart ) Many people in Mumbai dont have much in the way of material possessions, but whatever they have, theyre willing to share.

8. As soon as you leave home, you enroll yourself for a crash course in cultural studies.

Mumbais enthusiastic communities make sure that  you soak in the spirit of Holi, Diwali, Christmas, Eid, and Gudi Padwa in equal measure.

9. The expansive roads and cobbled architecture of Colaba transports you to another time and place in history.

For every India Gate, there is a Gateway of India. And then there are the Elephanta caves, Nariman Point and Queen's necklace.

10. An extremely cuddly and industrious group of humans called Parsis call Mumbai their home.

This goes out to all the Rustomji, Bomanji, Pestonji and Sorabjis of the world- you guys are awesome and Mumbai would be incomplete without you.

11. Liberal should be Mumbai's middle name.

Mumbaikars are the most accepting lot of Indians . The cosmopolitan temperament of the city instantly makes you feel one with the people.

12. 'Work hard, party harder', was probably coined exclusively for Mumbai.

Whether you leave work at 6pm or 11pm, you will never complain of being bored or jobless. Hop into a club in Bandra and see how rewarding a good work-life balance can be.

13. And on days when the crowds, the sheer sights and myriad sounds sap all the energy out of you, you realize Mumbai, like a strict yet loving parent, has prepared you for life.

Hi Tanni,
Mumbai, The largest city in the country & one of the most attractive cities across the globe, and also in mumbai so many places is there to visit Gateway of India, Nariman Point, Siddhivinayak, & other beautiful attractions in.

Fantastic. It "hasn't" changed! Travel is my deal; Darjeeling, Mahabaleshwar, and everything in between.

Nice list.  I will consider when I will be moving to Mumbai.

I have been in Mumbai for 4 years for college. It was really nice experience and really miss it a lot.

(Moderated: you are off topic )

Yeahh!! Mumbai is one the best city in India to live. I am here from last 20 years, will miss this city in future.