Anyone else need some friends?

i'm a 26 year old canadian girl... i've been to uae many times, but this is the first time i decided to make the move and come to search for a job.

somehow i feel many others are in the same boat... it's very hard to meet people here.

if anyone in my age bracket wants to have a chat sometime, let me know. i'm friendly and outgoing.

cheers all.

Welcome to Expat.com and Abu Dhabi! canadian_girlie :)
Don't hesitate to browse the forum as there similar messages as yours and you might make some nice contacts interacting with fellow members here :)

For your job search, I'd advise you to read the Guide of the UAE and more particularly the chapter on work which contains some useful hints.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
Arlette

Hi canadian girl...
welcome on board ^_^

hope to catch you in a meet up one day

cheers
x
Billy Moe

Hi young girl, i sail on the same boat, but i think its very easy to get job.

Check out my let's get together post! :)

Amazing, isn't it?

26 yr old chick posts up and they call come crawling out the wood...

yea sure ... add me on [email protected]

best luck

hey baha...

i got your private message but it wouldn't let me reply to it for some reason. i used to live in palestine as well. which city are u from?

i'll add u to my msn and maybe i'll catch u online sometime, insha'allah. :)

lol, sandman... is that what u were aiming for by posting breasts as your profile picture? :rolleyes:

canadian_girlie wrote:

lol, sandman... is that what u were aiming for by posting breasts as your profile picture? :rolleyes:

They're prettier than my Oyibo nyash.....;)

canadian_girlie wrote:

i'm a 26 year old canadian girl... i've been to uae many times, but this is the first time i decided to make the move and come to search for a job.

somehow i feel many others are in the same boat... it's very hard to meet people here.

if anyone in my age bracket wants to have a chat sometime, let me know. i'm friendly and outgoing.

cheers all.

ME :D ...i'm in Dubai,
but would gladly spend a weekend in Abu Dhabi for a change :D
let me know if you care to chat with an intresting, funny, smart, tall and handsome guy :D

Hey girlie

I can't believe I didn't notice you earlier

I would like to chat some more, and will be great if we get together out for sometimes.

Let me give you my email. I would love to hear from you.

[email protected]

sure babe ,, add me >> [email protected]
hope to catch you  ,, bye

Hi

this is vikeesh

may be i can help you out

Bye and take care

00971 56 7136678

Hey! How are u doing, i am new to this Expat Forum. I am interested in your profile and well like to know more about you, if you are interested.

Awaiting your reply!do u have gtalk then let me know

Thanks

ARUN

Hello
:)
I hope you have recieved my msg ..
looking forward to hear from you  :)

Take care

Hello canidan girl i have a cuzin who lives in Windsor
I wanted to move there but somehow I am stuck here cuz of my job
Anyways I hope you enjoy this place and find good friends ;)

guys on this post; desperate much?

this is, shameful, to say the least.

now lets see a guy make the same post and get, what? 0 response?

*sigh*

thats normal haha

canadian_girlie wrote:

cheers all.

hi i am in uae looking for friends like golden heart
as u said very hard to find good friend here
[email protected]

I need more than friends

Message to all the newcomers

Guys, could you please present yourself ? We would really appreciate !

Hello,

I have just seen your post and thought of replying to you as I have similar interest.
let me introduce my self:
I am a gentleman living and working in Abu Dhabi for about 3 years.  I work as a civil engineer. I am ,like you, looking for a fun loving friends who are willing to share good times and talks together.  I have noticed that Abu Dhabi is a bit "dead" and it is difficult to find like-wise-mentality people. therefore sometimes one tries through the internet. never the less it is still difficult. I would be happy to meet people who pass well with my mentality.

I am 33 years,180 cm, single, from Lebanon.  I lived in Europe for a long time and was exposed to many cultures and mentalities due to my nature of studies and work, hence I know what life is about. I would like to share nice talks wih you starting with fashion and ending with sophisticated intellectual and philosophical talks.

I am humorous even though I am writing in a serious way :-) I read a lot and like to listen to music. My favourite sport is swimming but I also do other types of sports.  I like to go to the bars for a drink from time to time as well to have a nice drink with friends.

I would like to tell you more about me but I don't know what I have to write, so if you want to know more about me please do contact me…I do not bite :-) but then please tell me something about you (your hobbies, what you work...etc.)

Regards

Firas

Hi and welcome on board Firas :)

Thanks for this clear presentation ;)
If Abu Dhabi is "dead" as you say why don't you try to organise a meeting with other members ?;) Find a date, a venue and get to know each other :D

Regards
Armand

Hello, Im from Lebanon,5 years old, and I did the same you are doing now and actually got my job and living here. All the luck to you to and hope to get in Touch.

Rafaa

Hi Canadian beauty,
sori to get u very late cab new to this web site, any how wel come on board to hear from u to chat with u some time waiting to hear from u on my mail ([email protected])
bye take care
saeed abu dhabi 055-2421205

wrong place specially at the wrong time,

nothing personal

have fun

Hi

I have been here in the UAE for a month now .. I'm working but i came here on visit just like you did 2 months back . Well Its not hard to find a job here but please be patient and don't lose hope. What i did was check the classified in Gulfnews everyday and i also gave an AD in the same paper saying i am so and so my qualifications looking for this kind of job, you know details of yourself and the kind of job you are looking for. I also registered and searched for jobs in many jobsites like monsterjobs, gulfnaukri and so on. I registered with a employment agency who forwarded my CV to more than 2000 companies and job openings and finally i personally visited and dropped my CV in certain compaines i wished to work for. So this is how i did my job hunting, wishing you the best and hoping you'll get a great job soon.

Peace

Vinayak

Hi, Have you reached Abu Dhabi. Please feel free to contact me to go around the city...:)

canadian_girlie

we can chat if you want :)

[email protected]

legacy wrote:

*sigh*

LMFAO!!! Absolutely love your comment, but your absolutely right ;)

fritzmal wrote:

Hello,

I have just seen your post and thought of replying to you as I have similar interest.
let me introduce my self:
I am a gentleman living and working in Abu Dhabi for about 3 years.  I work as a civil engineer. I am ,like you, looking for a fun loving friends who are willing to share good times and talks together.  I have noticed that Abu Dhabi is a bit "dead" and it is difficult to find like-wise-mentality people. therefore sometimes one tries through the internet. never the less it is still difficult. I would be happy to meet people who pass well with my mentality.

I am 33 years,180 cm, single, from Lebanon.  I lived in Europe for a long time and was exposed to many cultures and mentalities due to my nature of studies and work, hence I know what life is about. I would like to share nice talks wih you starting with fashion and ending with sophisticated intellectual and philosophical talks.

I am humorous even though I am writing in a serious way :-) I read a lot and like to listen to music. My favourite sport is swimming but I also do other types of sports.  I like to go to the bars for a drink from time to time as well to have a nice drink with friends.

I would like to tell you more about me but I don't know what I have to write, so if you want to know more about me please do contact me…I do not bite :-) but then please tell me something about you (your hobbies, what you work...etc.)

Regards

Firas

Firas I totally disagree with you on your statement that Abu Dhabi is a 'dead' city. In fact Abu Dhabi is a growing cosmopolitan city with many different nationalities; making this wonderful multicultural cultural city even more wonderful than it already was.

You mention you have been here for 3 years and still happen to claim that Abu Dhabi is 'dead'. I have been here for 3 months, and I have already met many fascinating people.

A place is only as dead as you want to make it, so stop making excuses and make this city alive in your eyes again. Or if you feel your struggling to meet new people, come and join me and others and become a part of our 'Expat.com Meet-Up Group. If interested and you want more details check this link out:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=104022

Regards,

Mohit

Armand wrote:

Hi and welcome on board Firas :)

Thanks for this clear presentation ;)
If Abu Dhabi is "dead" as you say why don't you try to organise a meeting with other members ?;) Find a date, a venue and get to know each other :D

Regards
Armand

Well said Armand :)

If everyone on this thread seriously wants to get out and about and actually want to meet new people rather than being stuck in front of your computer screens hoping for someone to reply back to one of your comments, then get of your seats and actually become active.

By active I mean come and join me. Every week I meeting with people from Expat.com for dinner, and each week our group is growing, and next month I am even launching a cinema club. So if anyone is interested get in touch with me. We are all meeting for dinner tomorrow evening and you are all welcome, the more the merrier :)

For further details on our social group check this link:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=104022

Regards,

Mohit

please what is real name and what proffesion do u hold

I'm sorry but is that last message intended for me? The reason I ask is cos my 'real' name is Mohit, and I don't need to declare my profession to you for any reason. This time is spent outside and away from work, but if you wish to discuss my work then your more than welcome to make an appointment and come and see me in my offi.

Regards,

Mohit

Okay ladies and gents, our second Expat.com dinner has been confirmed for this evening, so if your free at 7pm and would like to join us, and want to meet new people then send me a message and I'll provide you with the full details.

Ameyaw...if you want to find out more about me, then why don't you join us ;)

[Moderated]

Lol'd

legacy wrote:

*sigh*

Lilyxize i find you in many posts , tu es connu lol

I am 40 years old and resident of UAE for over 10 years

You can share all your queations with me

regards

Sheikhu