In KL for six months only? School or try and teach at home?

Hi all

We're a family from NZ and are looking at a secondment to KL for six months only. We have two little girls aged 8 and 5. They are in year 4 and year 1 here in NZ. We're wondering if:

a. international schools accept enrolments from children only going to be there fir two terms?

or b. we should just go distance education from NZ and try (!!) to teach them at home. I worry about this though as they are social children and would miss their friends.

They also love their sport and for my younger one, ballet so i wonder if they will miss out on these activities not being in school?

Then again maybe we should stay in NZ and my husband go up on his own! So many decisions!!

thanks all for any and all input.

There are quite a lot of enrolment costs but depending on where you will live, there are some possibilities. It would be great if they could learn a new language here and Chinese might be the best one to attempt. Come with your husband - too many temptations here to leave him alone...... Even the most solid can stray.

There are good educations offered here in KL. as well as some private instructor with a affordable cost. Malaysia is a wonderful place to call a second home.. With those friendly and beautiful people around. Perhaps you could give a try 😊