Shall I consider moving to Muscat

Hello Valued members,

I have been in final rounds of discussion to consider offer of IT Project Manager; the offer which they are sticking is 1600 OMR. Accomodation only there for 2-3 weeks. Also, from documentation side what all things I need to be sure of

I do not plan to get my son and wife at this moment as my son is studying; The company offered to bear round-trip expenses full paid for family once a year; standard Oman leaves; plus visa for entire family and medical insurance

I also have to consider sending almost 70000 INR every month to my parents back in India. Quick response much appreciated.

Thanks

Ish

well its seems good offer but savings really depends where u based i.e. Muscat is more expensive then rest of Oman. There are number of threads for living cost in different cities have a read.

ishkapoor wrote:

Hello Valued members,

I have been in final rounds of discussion to consider offer of IT Project Manager; the offer which they are sticking is 1600 OMR. Accomodation only there for 2-3 weeks. Also, from documentation side what all things I need to be sure of

I do not plan to get my son and wife at this moment as my son is studying; The company offered to bear round-trip expenses full paid for family once a year; standard Oman leaves; plus visa for entire family and medical insurance

I also have to consider sending almost 70000 INR every month to my parents back in India. Quick response much appreciated.

Thanks

Ish

Hi ishkapoor,

What exactly does "Accomodation only there for 2-3 weeks." mean ?

INR. 70,000/- is about R.O.425/-. A sum you can easily save (out of R.O. 1,600/-) if you are going to be living by yourself.

Thanks for your valued reply. Accommodation is to be arranged by myself and they are providing accommodation for period of 3 weeks in which I need to arrange myself a place to stay

Also, I have been hired via a company based in Chennai who will be deploying me as IT Project Manager

Thanks

Please share some valued links and also is there any amount I shall ask the hiring company that I should have once I land

Rather what all things I should be taking care as I land

Most apartments here come unfurnished.So I suggest asking for a onetime settling in cum furniture allowance of 1500OMR.

ishkapoor wrote:

Please share some valued links and also is there any amount I shall ask the hiring company that I should have once I land

Rather what all things I should be taking care as I land

Hi ishkapoor,

All these will be provided to you by the company that is recruiting you. Usually companies follow certain internal procedures while a new employee arrives. So it would be better for you to contact your employer directly and seek all the clarifications.