Help needed regarding City and accommodation

Dear All,

I got offer (OMR-1100) from one company in Oman (I am engineer) I am planning to move Oman next month from India (Mumbai). I am married.

Company is at Al-Khuwair.

I have some doubt

1) I am from Mumbai, in which area i find Indian peoples living? (Near to Al-Khuwair)
2) What is rent in these location for 1bhk flat.
3) For initial period there are any Paying guest / hotel available at some reasonable rate till i find decent 1 bhk to live?
4) What is rent process here? Advance for 1 month or 3,6 months?
5) If i want to avoid broker then where i will find rent advertisements?
6) If i go through broker then what is brokerage?
7) what documents needed for rent agreement?
8) What will be Normal Electricity and water charges? whether it is included in rent?
9) How much money required for 2 peoples with normal life.
10) My wife is also engineer, she can do job here?

Waiting for your valuable response.

Thanking you.

Dear All,

I got offer (OMR-1100) from one company in Oman (I am engineer) I am planning to move Oman next month from India (Mumbai). I am married.

I have some doubt

1) I am from Mumbai, in which area i find Indian peoples living? (Near to Al-Khuwair) - Al Khuwair; Al Qurum; Al Ghoubra.

2) What is rent in these location for 1bhk flat. - R.O. 250/- to R.O. 350/- per month in and around Al Khuwair. Al Qurum and Al Ghoubra would be slightly more expensive.

3) For initial period there are any Paying guest / hotel available at some reasonable rate till i find decent 1 bhk to live? - You could move into some hotel apartment, or could share a flat with someone.

4) What is rent process here? Advance for 1 month or 3,6 months? - Usually 1/4ly post-dated cheques. Pay for 12 months in advance and you will get some decent discounts.

5) If i want to avoid broker then where i will find rent advertisements? - Local English dailies.

6) If i go through broker then what is brokerage? - You don't have to pay the broker anything. The landlord will.

7) what documents needed for rent agreement? - Copies of the employment contract, resident card, post-dated cheques, and the agreement between the owner and the tenant, attested and approved by the Muscat Municipality.

8) What will be Normal Electricity and water charges? whether it is included in rent? - It will not be included in the rent. The monthly charges would be approximately R.O. 20/-.

9) How much money required for 2 peoples with normal life. - Minimum of R.O. 500/- per month, excluding house rent. But people do live with much lesser monthly net income. It all depends on how much you're willing to compromise.

10) My wife is also engineer, she can do job here? - Yes, if she manages to find employment.

Thanking you.

Thanks Sumitran,

It was really useful information. Now I can fly to Muscat with any hesitation.. thanks for your reply..

Cheers! :one

Sumitran wrote:

Dear All,

I have some doubt

1) I am from Mumbai, in which area i find Indian peoples living? (Near to Al-Khuwair) - Al Khuwair; Al Qurum; Al Ghoubra.

2) What is rent in these location for 1bhk flat. - R.O. 250/- to R.O. 350/- per month in and around Al Khuwair. Al Qurum and Al Ghoubra would be slightly more expensive.

3) For initial period there are any Paying guest / hotel available at some reasonable rate till i find decent 1 bhk to live? - You could move into some hotel apartment, or could share a flat with someone.

4) What is rent process here? Advance for 1 month or 3,6 months? - Usually 1/4ly post-dated cheques. Pay for 12 months in advance and you will get some decent discounts.

5) If i want to avoid broker then where i will find rent advertisements? - Local English dailies.

6) If i go through broker then what is brokerage? - You don't have to pay the broker anything. The landlord will.

7) what documents needed for rent agreement? - Copies of the employment contract, resident card, post-dated cheques, and the agreement between the owner and the tenant, attested and approved by the Muscat Municipality.

8) What will be Normal Electricity and water charges? whether it is included in rent? - It will not be included in the rent. The monthly charges would be approximately R.O. 20/-.

9) How much money required for 2 peoples with normal life. - Minimum of R.O. 500/- per month, excluding house rent. But people do live with much lesser monthly net income. It all depends on how much you're willing to compromise.

10) My wife is also engineer, she can do job here? - Yes, if she manages to find employment.

Thanking you.

Hi hrd123,

Is it "with" ???, or without !!!

LOL !

Best wishes !

ha ha ha ha....

Without hesitation....

Thanks once agin..

Sumitran wrote:

Hi hrd123,

Is it "with" ???, or without !!!

LOL !

Best wishes !

hrd123 wrote:

Dear All,

I have some doubt

1) I am from Mumbai, in which area i find Indian peoples living? (Near to Al-Khuwair)

A lots of Indians in AL Khuwair  the majority i would say & one of the best places to live in Muscat.

Yesterd day i saw one 330 OR beuatiful one BHK with 2 Slpit AC dist TV reciever Complete kitchen Set up , Washing Machine

3) For initial period there are any Paying guest / hotel available at some reasonable rate till i find decent 1 bhk to live?

It shouldbe easy to get . I came to Muscat 3 days back and i have been looking for temporary accomodation and have found many

Depends

A lot of ADVertisments everywhere specially in Supermarkets notice boards in each area

Register with
DUBIZZLE.com
expat-blog.com
expatriates.com
justlanded.com
omanforum.com

I guess u will know complete about muscat

Yesterday i met a broker so he said 2.5 to 5 % of the contract value. If you have a one year contract of 250 OR/month of the house u calcluate accordingly.

Your company will take care of the same

8) What will be Normal Electricity and water charges? whether it is included in rent?

What i hear from my colleagues for a 1 BHK electricity 5 rials basicaaly not more within 10 15 rials

U have a decent salary i have lesser than you . Dont worry things are easy here

Same situation with me here too

Thanking you.

You can call me once you are here for any information it would be my pleasure to help you whatever i can

Vishal
00968-98535203

vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:

Dear All,

I have some doubt

A lots of Indians in AL Khuwair  the majority i would say & one of the best places to live in Muscat.

Yesterd day i saw one 330 OR beuatiful one BHK with 2 Slpit AC dist TV reciever Complete kitchen Set up , Washing Machine

It shouldbe easy to get . I came to Muscat 3 days back and i have been looking for temporary accomodation and have found many

Depends

A lot of ADVertisments everywhere specially in Supermarkets notice boards in each area

Register with
DUBIZZLE.com
expat-blog.com
expatriates.com
justlanded.com
omanforum.com

Yesterday i met a broker so he said 2.5 to 5 % of the contract value. If you have a one year contract of 250 OR/month of the house u calcluate accordingly.

What i hear from my colleagues for a 1 BHK electricity 5 rials basicaaly not more within 10 15 rials

Thanking you.

You can call me once you are here for any information it would be my pleasure to help you whatever i can

Vishal
00968-98535203

Thank u very much Vishal.

I am coming to Oman on Saturday.

After joining office (Company provided accommodation for some time.) i will call you, it will be very nice to talk to you.

hrd123 wrote:
vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:

Dear All,

I have some doubt

Depends

Register with
DUBIZZLE.com
expat-blog.com
expatriates.com
justlanded.com
omanforum.com

Thanking you.

Vishal
00968-98535203

After joining office (Company provided accommodation for some time.) i will call you, it will be very nice to talk to you.

Anytime u ll be chilled out to meet me ill help u in everthin

take care which flight ar eyour coming be careful about the luggage if Oman Air

hrd123 wrote:
vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:

Dear All,

I have some doubt

Depends

Register with
DUBIZZLE.com
expat-blog.com
expatriates.com
justlanded.com
omanforum.com

Thanking you.

Vishal
00968-98535203

nicee i cam to OMAN last saturday hehe

DO let meknow if you are open for a VILLA share which are huge when compared to 1 BHK im already searching for some one and have talked to some as well.

the whole thing works well if 2 people havelike the same like mind

Basically a VILLA can be of 500 to 1000 OR hecne a basic villa can be picked in nice location by 2 people the rent goes to be 250 per head

Thanks
Vishal

since u are married, it would not be easy for you to find another married family to share the villa with you. single sharing is much easier to find. Ideally you should have asked for a 1500 RO salary that would have covered cost towards the villa house of your choice

vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:
vishalalluri wrote:

Vishal
00968-98535203

Thanks

I am traveling with Oman air only....What care should be take for luggage ??

One more question...Which sim card u r using for ISD call (From Oman to India)? Any net calling card or other? or can we use Android base phone for cheap calling ?? If we receive sms on our mobile is chargable to us?? (As one of my frnd in UAE told it is free to receive SMS on u r mobile?? same with Oman??)

vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:
vishalalluri wrote:

Vishal
00968-98535203

nicee i cam to OMAN last saturday hehe

DO let meknow if you are open for a VILLA share which are huge when compared to 1 BHK im already searching for some one and have talked to some as well.

the whole thing works well if 2 people havelike the same like mind

Basically a VILLA can be of 500 to 1000 OR hecne a basic villa can be picked in nice location by 2 people the rent goes to be 250 per head

Thanks
Vishal

I like to share Vila....But my preferences for Location is
1) It should be surrounded by Indian Family..

I am looking up to 300 OMR rent

hrd123 wrote:
vishalalluri wrote:
hrd123 wrote:

Thanks

I am traveling with Oman air only....What care should be take for luggage ??

cabin 7 kg
check in 30 kg
extra kg seperate bag 400+taxes per kg

dont get anythin from india except for your clothing etc , u get everything here and better quality .

One more question...Which sim card u r using for ISD call (From Oman to India)? Any net calling card or other? or can we use Android base phone for cheap calling ?? If we receive sms on our mobile is chargable to us?? (As one of my frnd in UAE told it is free to receive SMS on u r mobile?? same with Oman??)

android viber is the best option

calling rates from or to india pretty high

great salary

Hi vishal
I reach Oman and staying near rawasco
I tried u r cell no several time. But coudnt reach u
Where r u? U change u r number?

hrd123 wrote:

Hi vishal
I reach Oman and staying near rawasco
I tried u r cell no several time. But coudnt reach u
Where r u? U change u r number?