Salary expectation and life in Muscat for Indians

I have got an offer in muscat as a Presale Consultant in an IT company  having 6 years experience and my age is 30 years and i am married Kindly suggest what is the salary i can expect and the life of living in muscat for Indians.

hgsvinay wrote:

I have got an offer in muscat as a Presale Consultant in an IT company  having 6 years experience and my age is 30 years and i am married Kindly suggest what is the salary i can expect and the life of living in muscat for Indians.

Middle East is a densely indian populated area..... so you'd feel comfortable out here in that manner. However, regarding your salary, its a bit open ended question cause your salary depends upon how big is your organization. The payrolls are defined on the basis of the nature of job as well as the number of years you're experienced.

Thankd for your Valuable inputs.:)

Hello hgsvinay.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Muscat forum for more interaction.

Thank you,
Aurélie

30s n single, u would be able have a very good upper middle class urban life with saving of 50k rupees a month in 1500 RO. If u r married with kids then to have the sAme u need 2500 RO. Thank u.

I think USD3000 is a reasonable expectation.

waters4444 wrote:

I think USD3000 is a reasonable expectation.

In Omani rial that would be approx 1200 rial, half of which will go to get a good furnished bachalor accommodation

The salary depends upon the job nature and the position. So before discussing the salaries, one should be specific about the position of the job. The salary of a hired clerk/technician/accountant or such posts can not be definitely equivalent to senior designations like engineer/doctors/managers etc.