Expat Mum new to Oman

Hi, I am an Australian who recently moved to Oman with my husband (an Omani) and my 11 month old baby boy.

I am looking to make some friends- would love to find out if there are many other Aussies here! I am English (only) speaking, so any Brits and Americans etc looking to hang out would be great too.

Thanks!

libbyrose13 wrote:

Hi, I am an Australian who recently moved to Oman with my husband (an Omani) and my 11 month old baby boy.

I am looking to make some friends- would love to find out if there are many other Aussies here! I am English (only) speaking, so any Brits and Americans etc looking to hang out would be great too.

Thanks!

Hi Libbyrose13 ... Welcome to the Forum and Welcome to Oman; Hope you will enjoy it here with family :)

Hi libbyrose13 ...... Welcome 2 Oman and 2 the forum. We hope you will enjoy your days here in Oman.

[Moderated: Off topic.]

Hello I'm amar m also planning to work in Muscat through my comp. Currently working India ,delhi ,.can pls suggest me working atmosphere for Indian in Muscat and also regarding accommodation .I'll be very thankful to you if you provide information to me.

Amar1987 wrote:

Hello I'm amar m also planning to work in Muscat through my comp. Currently working India ,delhi ,.can pls suggest me working atmosphere for Indian in Muscat and also regarding accommodation .I'll be very thankful to you if you provide information to me.

Hi Amar1987,

You have posted under an outdated topic. Suggest you start a fresh one instead.

To answer your briefly, for anyone coming from India and with some good past work experience of having served in a fairly well set-up organisation, working in Muscat would be quite different.

Largely, the work pace would be far too slow compared to back home. Also, all approvals would take forever to come by. Almost all systems are closely regulated and monitored.

But expats usually resign themselves to these facts and carry on, happy with the tax-free incomes they earn and happy to be able to save some decent sums.

Hi Libby Rose,

I've recently arrived too, I've moved here with my husband from London. It would be nice to meet up. What area is good with you?

DaniAshfield wrote:

Hi Libby Rose,

I've recently arrived too, I've moved here with my husband from London. It would be nice to meet up. What area is good with you?

Hi DaniAshfield,

You have responded to a 2+ year old inactive post.

Start a new topic for better responses please.