What is Pre-Offer, How much time it takes to complete the process.

Hi,

I got interviewed (telephonic) from a employer from Muscat. There were 3 interviews all of short duration of about 5 mins. They mailed me pre-offer, stating the salary & other benefits. I even got a follow up call for giving my written consent for the same. It was written in the document the We would be glad if you confirm your interest in the profile. so that we could make the Employment contract. I confirmed interest thru email.

Now, I am waiting for there reply. As the offer is really good for me.
1. I want to know, how much time it takes to complete whole process?
2. What pre-offer means? Will it change afterwards?, Does it mean that I am selected for the job?
3. What us Employment contract & how much time it takes to create it?

Regards,
Amol

Hi amolmorwal,

You have just taken the first step in the process towards taking up employment in the Sultanate.

Patience is the key word. You must be prepared to wait - how little, or lots no one can say.

Sometimes, if the company has all the required approvals and clearances then the employment visa will be issued in a matter of weeks, else it could take forever.

Also, it is really very important that you do not resign from your now job, in the hope that your employment is all through. Wait until you physically see your employment visa before resigning from your present job.

Nothing is for certain till your employment visa arrives. No offer, pre-offer, even employment contract means anything really. So be patient till your visa is processed.

Before responding impulsively with even more questions, please read all the information that are available in the forum for all clarifications.

Hi sumitran,

Thanks for the reply...
It was just coincidence that I received an Offer letter from the employer same time you replied.

Now he has asked for Original Educational Certificates (Apostile Attested) & Medical Reports (GAMCA). What are these?

Regards
Amol

amolmorwal wrote:

Hi sumitran,

Thanks for the reply...
It was just coincidence that I received an Offer letter from the employer same time you replied.

Now he has asked for Original Educational Certificates (Apostile Attested) & Medical Reports (GAMCA). What are these?

Regards
Amol

Hi amolmorwal,

All the details are available in the forum.

But it would be better for you to clarify all these doubts directly with your prospective employer - to avoid any miscommunication / ambiguities / etc.

Hi. I was told that the school wants me and they have submitted my documents for clearance have been submitted to manpower. However, the agency stated that this week is a holy week in all UAE countries and that govt service offices will be closed. All I need is clearance and then I can leave. How long will it generally take?