Hi all,

I got a job offer in a construction company at oman. The company is located at Adam, oman. I planned to move  with my family  which includes my wife and a kid ,one and half years old. My salary is 550 omr. My company accepts to provide family accommodation only after six months. But I can't leave my family here for more than two months. My question is can we manage all our expenses with this salary? kindly tell me. We are a middle class family. We won't spend lavishly. Conservative in nature

Hi gowrishankar rajamanickam
Adam is a small town approx. 300km from Muscat. So, you can search in the Oman forum about cost of living outside Muscat.
Here's the link to Oman forum:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=420

gowrishankar rajamanickam wrote:

I got a job offer in a construction company at oman. The company is located at Adam, oman. I planned to move  with my family  which includes my wife and a kid ,one and half years old. My salary is 550 omr. My company accepts to provide family accommodation only after six months. But I can't leave my family here for more than two months. My question is can we manage all our expenses with this salary? kindly tell me. We are a middle class family. We won't spend lavishly. Conservative in nature

Hi gowrishankar rajamanickam,

The minimum salary required to be able to even apply for family sponsorship is R.O. 600/- per month. Perhaps in 6-months time, your company will increase your salary to help you meet the basic eligibility criteria required.

You can manage with this salary in a remote place like Adam. Even if you do wish to spend lavishly, you will not get any opportunities for doing so there !! But to manage on the salary figure quoted in Oman would be very difficult.